Connect with us

Celebrity

Frankie Muniz Of ‘Malcolm In The Middle’ Out Front 1st In Racing

Published

on

muniz

KANSAS CITY, Kan. It’s been a long since Frankie Muniz played “Malcolm in the Middle.”

Nowadays, he’s more like “Malcolm in the Front.”

Through the first three races of his first full season, the multitalented actor-turned-race car driver leads the standings in the ARCA Series, one of the lower rungs on the NASCAR feeder system. His ultimate objective is to make it to the Cup Series, but the 37-year-old Muniz has yet to illusions about how difficult that will be.

Especially because he’s still trying to figure out what all the switches in his current car do.

“I’m so focused right now in ARCA on everything I need to learn,” said Muniz, who was ninth fastest in practice Friday at Kansas Speedway, where the series will race Saturday. “This is the fourth of 20 races this season.” I expected to do well; I had no idea I’d be in the points lead at this stage. But I’m focused on carrying on and learning.”

Muniz has always been interested in racing. He watched some growing up in Charlotte and attended the Daytona 500, where he drove the Pace car in 2001, the year Dale Earnhardt died in a last-lap collision. And, back when he starred as the main character on the Fox sitcom “Malcolm in the Middle,” he dabbled in competitive racing.

Muniz competed in 14 Formula BMW USA races in 2006 before moving to the Champ Car Atlantic Series the following year. He raced until 2009 when a mishap left him with injuries that forced him to retire.

He concentrated on acting, even though “Malcolm in the Middle” had already completed its seven-year run on Fox and was quickly becoming a cult classic, and began moonlighting as the drummer in the indie rock band Kingsfoil.

Muniz’s “comeback” began in late 2021 when he raced a late model at Kern County Raceway Park in Bakersfield, California. Following an ARCA Series test at Daytona last year, Rette Jones Racing announced in January that Muniz would drive the No. 30 Ford full-time this season.

muniz

Muniz competed in 14 Formula BMW USA races in 2006 before moving to the Champ Car Atlantic Series.

“I adore my past.” “I enjoy everything I’ve done,” Muniz remarked, “but I never said I wanted to be an actor.” I wanted to be a garbage man, and acting took over my life. This opportunity in racing was my way of asking, “What do I want to do?” ‘What do I want to achieve in my life?’ And now I’m here. This was my choice. And, for some reason, when I put on my helmet and leave pit land, I feel I’m exactly where I’m intended to be.”

That turns out to be near the front of the group.

While he has yet to win an ARCA Series race, Muniz has been a picture of consistency. He’s the only driver to complete all 316 laps, so he leads 18-year-old Jesse Love in the points race by the smallest of margins.

“It’s a fantastic accomplishment for Frankie to be leading the ARCA Racing Series championship point standings as a Rette Jones Racing driver, but it’s still early in the season,” stated team co-owner Mark Rette. “Frankie, on the other hand, is incredibly focused, and he knows that if he just focuses on his craft behind the wheel, the points will follow.”

One thing Muniz has working for him is Ford’s support. The racing behemoth recently hosted him at its international headquarters for a few events, and his car this weekend is decorated with the “Built Ford Proud” banner.

“That’s an integral part of making those leaps,” Muniz explained, “I’m in with an amazing manufacturer.”

But that will only get Muniz so far. He also recognizes that demonstrating an adequate aptitude to progress through the ranks is critical, and he only has a little time to do so. Muniz is starting in stock car racing at the same age when many drivers are beginning to consider what comes next.

That is additional pressure that many of his classmates do not have.

“There are advantages and disadvantages to being my age,” Muniz explained. “I’ve been through a lot in my life, both good and bad. I’ve done certain things in the past, including racing. I tried hard in races but always felt like I could have pushed harder. Now that I have this opportunity, I have a second shot to do it well.”

SOURCE – (AP)

Kiara Grace is a staff writer at VORNews, a reputable online publication. Her writing focuses on technology trends, particularly in the realm of consumer electronics and software. With a keen eye for detail and a knack for breaking down complex topics, Kiara delivers insightful analyses that resonate with tech enthusiasts and casual readers alike. Her articles strike a balance between in-depth coverage and accessibility, making them a go-to resource for anyone seeking to stay informed about the latest innovations shaping our digital world.

Continue Reading

Celebrity

Yoko Ono To Receive Edward MacDowell Medal For Lifetime Achievement

Published

on

yoko ono
Billboard - VOR News Image

NEW YORK — MacDowell, one of the country’s finest artist residence programs, has honored Yoko Ono with a lifetime achievement award. The trailblazing artist, filmmaker, and musician will receive the Edward MacDowell Medal this year, following in the footsteps of Stephen Sondheim and Toni Morrison, among others.

“There has never been anyone like her; there has never been work like hers,” MacDowell board chairman Nell Painter said in a statement Sunday.

yoko ono

WKNC – VOR News Image

Yoko Ono To Receive Edward MacDowell Medal For Lifetime Achievement

“Over seven decades, she has pleased eyes, aroused mind, encouraged feminism, and supported refugees with imaginative works. Enduringly new and contemporary, her unusually powerful output resonates to our current times, which are in desperate need of her leitmotif: peace.”

In a statement, Ono’s son, Sean Ono Lennon, described the award as “an incredible honor.”

“The history and list of prior awardees are extremely impressive. It makes me very glad to see her work valued and celebrated in this manner,” he remarked.

yoko ono

Art Spar – VOR News Image

Yoko Ono To Receive Edward MacDowell Medal For Lifetime Achievement

Ono, 91, has made few public appearances in recent years and is unlikely to attend the July honors event at the MacDowell campus in Peterborough, New Hampshire. David Newgarden, Ono’s music manager, will receive the award on her behalf.

Ono first rose to prominence as a member of the avant-garde Fluxus movement of the 1960s, before becoming internationally famous after meeting John Lennon, with whom she married from 1969 until his death in 1980. Their many collaborations included the songs “Give Peace a Chance,” “Imagine,” and “Happy Xmas (War Is Over),” which served as the foundation for “War Is Over! Inspired by the Music of John & Yoko,” this year’s Oscar-winning animated short film.

yoko ono

El Pais – VOR News Image

Yoko Ono To Receive Edward MacDowell Medal For Lifetime Achievement

Over the last 40 years, Ono has had a busy career as a visual and recording artist, with albums like “Season of Glass,” “Starpeace,” and “Take Me to the Land of Hell.” She was recently featured in a career retrospective at London’s Tate Modern.

SOURCE – (AP)

Continue Reading

Celebrity

Dick Van Dyke Earns Historic Daytime Emmy Nomination At Age 98

Published

on

dyke
AP - VOR News Image

Los Angeles — Dick Van Dyke, 98, is contending for a historic Daytime Emmy.

The actor was nominated Friday as a guest star in a daytime drama series for his role as amnesiac Timothy Robicheaux on Peacock’s “Days of Our Lives.

Van Dyke is the oldest daytime Emmy nominee. When producer Norman Lear won his final Primetime Emmy nomination in 2022, he was 100 years old. He died the following year.

dick van dyke

people – VOR News Image

Dick Van Dyke Earns Historic Daytime Emmy Nomination At Age 98

Van Dyke is up against Guy Pearce, an Australian actor from Amazon Prime Video’s “Neighbours.”

Van Dyke earned four Primetime Emmys, including three in the 1960s, for his legendary comedy series “The Dick Van Dyke Show.”

Selena Gomez, an actor and singer, is nominated in the culinary series category for her Food Network special “Selena + Chef: Home for the Holidays.” The Food Network’s “Valerie’s Home Cooking,” hosted by actor Valerie Bertinelli and which concluded last year, is also nominated in that category.

dyke

People – VOR News Image

Dick Van Dyke Earns Historic Daytime Emmy Nomination At Age 98

CBS will cancel “The Talk” after its 15th season later this year. Akbar Gbajabiamila, Amanda Kloots, Natalie Morales, Jerry O’Connell, and Sheryl Underwood were nominated for daytime talk show hosting.

The main actress nominations are Tamara Braun of “Days of Our Lives,” Finola Hughes and Cynthia Watros of “General Hospital,” Katherine Kelly Lang and Annika Noelle of “The Bold and the Beautiful,” and Michelle Stafford of “The Young and the Restless.”

The lead actor nominees include Eric Braeden of “The Young and the Restless,” Scott Clifton, Thorsten Kaye, and John McCook of “The Bold and the Beautiful,” and Eric Martsolf of “Days of Our Lives.”

dyke

Womens World – VOR News Image

Dick Van Dyke Earns Historic Daytime Emmy Nomination At Age 98

The Daytime Emmys will be broadcast live on CBS on June 7 in Los Angeles. The show is back to its regular schedule after being postponed until December due to strikes by Hollywood performers and writers. The hosts and Lifetime Achievement award recipients will be announced later.

SOURCE – AP

Continue Reading

Celebrity

Recently Arrested Morgan Wallen Says He’s “Not Proud” Of Behavior

Published

on

wallen
rolling stone - VOR News Image

Nashville, Tennessee – Morgan Wallen, a country music singer facing charges coming in part from allegations that he tossed a chair off the rooftop of a six-story club, says he is “not proud” of his actions and accepts responsibility.

The “One Thing at a Time” singer took to social media Friday night to comment to his arrest in Nashville two weeks earlier. According to court documents, he was charged with three felony charges of reckless endangerment and one misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct. He is scheduled to appear in court on May 3.

wallen

the daily – VOR News Image

Recently Arrested Morgan Wallen Says He’s “Not Proud” Of Behavior

According to an arrest document, the chair at Chief’s pub landed about 3 feet (1 meter) from officers, who spoke with witnesses and checked CCTV footage. Witnesses informed police that they saw Wallen take up a chair, throw it over the roof, and laugh about it. Wallen was arrested early on April 8 and later freed.

“I didn’t feel comfortable checking in publicly until I had made apologies with some people. I’ve contacted Nashville police enforcement, my family, and the friendly staff at Chief’s. I’m not proud of my actions, and I accept responsibility,” Wallen stated on X (previously Twitter).

wallen

AP – VOR News image

Recently Arrested Morgan Wallen Says He’s “Not Proud” Of Behavior

Wallen, one of the most well-known artists in contemporary country music, is now on a stadium tour that includes a concert on Saturday at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium in Oxford, Mississippi.

“I have the greatest regard for the cops who labor every day to keep us all safe. “There will be no changes to my tour,” his reply read, signed “-MW.”

The “One Thing at a Time” album topped the Billboard 200 for 16 weeks in 2023 and was the best-selling album in the United States last year. The top ten successes from the album included “Last Night,” “You Proof,” and “Thinkin’ Bout Me.”

wallen

News week _ VOR News Image

Recently Arrested Morgan Wallen Says He’s “Not Proud” Of Behavior

In 2021, the country artist was suspended indefinitely by his label when a video surfaced showing him uttering a racial slur. He was arrested in 2020 for public intoxication and disorderly conduct after being booted out of Kid Rock’s downtown Nashville bar.

SOURCE – (AP)

Continue Reading

Trending