Connect with us

Entertainment

James Cameron Denies He’s in Talks to Make OceanGate Film After Titanic Sub Tragedy

Published

on

oceangate

James Cameron denies rumors that he is in talks about making a film about OceanGate who built and operated the Titan submersible.

On 15 July, almost a month after the small tourist sub from OceanGate Expeditions imploded underwater off the coast of Newfoundland while diving into the wreckage of the famous Titanic ship, killing all five passengers, including the company’s CEO, Stockton Rush, the director of the Oscar-winning blockbuster Titanic stated on Twitter.

“I don’t usually respond to offensive rumours in the media, but I have to now,” Cameron tweeted. “I’m not in talks about making an OceanGate film, nor will I ever be.”

In the days following the catastrophe, the Oscar winner personally conducted 33 dives to the Titanic’s wreckage and expressed his insights on the submersible implosion in media interviews.

James Cameron denies rumors that he is in talks about making a film about OceanGate, who built and operated the Titan submersible.

“I’m struck by the similarity of the Titanic disaster itself,” Cameron said on June 22 to ABC News, “where the captain was repeatedly warned about ice ahead of his ship and yet he steamed at full speed into an ice field on a moonless night—and many people died as a result.”

“For a very similar tragedy, where warnings went unheeded, to take place at the same site with all the diving that’s going on all around the world, I think it’s just astonishing,” the Avatar director continued, noting that the deep-sea exploration community had concerns about the Titan sub’s safety before the tragedy. It’s completely surreal.”

“Here’s a case starkly today, where the collective, we didn’t remember the lesson of Titanic—these guys at OceanGate didn’t,” the director added. “I just think it’s heartbreaking,” he added, “that it was so preventable.”

OceanGate’s social media accounts were deactivated earlier this month, and its website was modified to read, “OceanGate has suspended all exploration and commercial operations.”

SOURCE – (AP)

Kiara Grace is a staff writer at VORNews, a reputable online publication. Her writing focuses on technology trends, particularly in the realm of consumer electronics and software. With a keen eye for detail and a knack for breaking down complex topics, Kiara delivers insightful analyses that resonate with tech enthusiasts and casual readers alike. Her articles strike a balance between in-depth coverage and accessibility, making them a go-to resource for anyone seeking to stay informed about the latest innovations shaping our digital world.

Continue Reading

Celebrity

American Who Made Social Media Threats Against Taylor Swift Detained Ahead Of German Concert

Published

on

BERLIN — An American man who made threats against Taylor Swift on social media was seized before her first concert in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, and will be held in custody until her gigs there end, authorities said Thursday.

swift | AP news Image

American Who Made Social Media Threats Against Taylor Swift Detained Ahead Of German Concert

According to police, the accused stalker, a 34-year-old whose name has not been disclosed, had a ticket to Taylor’s concert at Gelsenkirchen’s Veltins-Arena on Wednesday. They stated that he was detained at event admission checks because an early assessment could not completely rule out a risk.

According to police, the man threatened Taylor and her partner on social media. They say he was detained after receiving tips from the event’s organizers.

The American superstar will perform in Gelsenkirchen on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday as part of her Eras tour. According to authorities, a local court has ordered that the suspected stalker be detained until Saturday.

They went on to say that Swift and the audience were always safe. The event drew approximately 60,000 people on Wednesday evening and went off without incident.

American Who Made Social Media Threats Against Taylor Swift Detained Ahead Of German Concert

Before the concerts, Gelsenkirchen temporarily renamed the town “Swiftkirchen” and honored the singer on a “Walk of Fame” dedicated to local luminaries.

Taylor has plans to perform in two more German cities after Gelsenkirchen: Hamburg and Munich.

SOURCE | AP

Continue Reading

Business

Netflix Has A Plan To Keep You Paying For Your Subscription

Published

on

discusses football, wrestling, and immersive experiences. This year, Netflix has exceeded its traditional scripted and reality TV offerings.

Last quarter, the company reported a record high of 269.9 million subscribers, far outpacing streaming competitors such as Disney+, Peacock, and Max (which is owned by Warner Bros. Discovery, CNN’s parent company), thanks in part to the company’s recent push to encourage users who share passwords to create their accounts.

However, the short-term subscriber jolt caused by the password-sharing ban may soon diminish. The business recently announced discontinuing sharing quarterly subscriber counts beginning in 2025.

In the never-ending war for attention between established media firms and newer entrants such as YouTube and TikTok,  has expanded into live sports programming and experiences during the last two months.

Netflix | CNN Image

Netflix Has A Plan To Keep You Paying For Your Subscription

With Netflix’s recent expansion into advertising, the company is beginning to resemble the old media corporations it hopes to disrupt, according to Tim Nollen, an analyst at Macquarie.

“Whatever the old broadcasters were in their best of times, the company is becoming that in a new and probably longer-term, sustainable way,” he said.

They announced in May that it has 40 million monthly active customers on its new ad-supported subscription tier, up from 23 million in January.

They will announce second-quarter profits after the bell on Thursday, which will likely give more light on its plan.

They delivered its most significant sports announcement yet in May. The business signed a three-year arrangement to broadcast NFL Christmas Day games. The agreement begins this year, with Netflix globally airing two NFL games on the holiday. In 2025 and 2026, Netflix will offer at least one holiday game.

“Netflix is now in live sports,” Nollen explained. “This means Netflix might be the only place you will be able to watch those two Christmas Day games, which could obviously add more subscribers.”

Airing football games has proven successful in increasing subscriber numbers: In January, Peacock, NBCUniversal’s streaming service, experienced a 2.8 million increase in sign-ups in the three days preceding its exclusive airing of an NFL playoff game.

According to Peacock, the incident was “the single biggest subscriber acquisition moment ever measured”.

Earlier this year, Netflix announced another high-profile move into sports programming: a 10-year deal to broadcast “WWE Raw” live, worth more than $5 billion.

However, sports are just one of the ways Netflix is attempting to broaden its reach. Last month, the business announced plans to create two huge entertainment venues dubbed Netflix Houses.

Netflix Has A Plan To Keep You Paying For Your Subscription

The “experiential” complexes, located in former department store spaces at Dallas Galleria and King of Prussia Mall (near Philadelphia), will each cover more than 100,000 square feet and have events, themed gift shops, and restaurants. Both will open in 2025.

While these complexes do not have the scope or footprint of Disney or Universal’s global theme parks, David Joyce, an analyst at Seaport, says they are intended to increase brand loyalty.

“It should help retain those customers and keep them in the Netflix ecosystem and paying for their subscriptions for longer,” he told me.

SOURCE | CNN

Continue Reading

Celebrity

Britney Spears Has A Message For Ozzy Osbourne After He Called Her Dancing ‘Sad’

Published

on

Nobody puts Britney Spears in a corner.

The singer was highlighted on a recent episode of “The Osbournes Podcast,” in which Ozzy Osbourne stated that he was “fed up with seeing poor old Britney Spears dancing on social media.”

“You know, it’s sad,” the renowned rocker admitted. “Very, very sad.”

Britney Spears | People Image

Britney Spears Has A Message For Ozzy Osbourne After He Called Her Dancing ‘Sad’

His family agreed, including his wife Sharon and older children Kelly and Jack Osbourne.

Britney, who routinely posts videos of herself dancing on social media, noticed and responded with a lengthy comment.

She began her essay by mentioning Kate Beckinsale’s 2001 film Serendipity and stating that “incredibly cruel people were talking about [Beckinsale] needs more age-appropriate content.” Beckinsale, who is in her fifties (as Britney also highlighted), has been known to confront social media bullies.

Britney then reacted to the Osbournes’ complaints. She stated that she rarely dances and responded to Sharon Osbourne’s description of her as “a poor little thing” by saying, “I’m not poor at all!!!”

Britney Spears Has A Message For Ozzy Osbourne After He Called Her Dancing ‘Sad’

“I taught dance lessons to a few adolescents last week… Spears wrote, “A lot of the kids were too thin, and some were too big.” “I know what it’s like to be judged, so it’s a ridiculous and stupid subject initially, but I think it’s important to HELP EACH OTHER and invite each other to places that help our souls to grow!!!”

Spears closed her email to the Osbournes, whom she described as “the most boring family known to mankind,” by ordering them to “kindly f**k off.”

SOURCE | CNN

Continue Reading

Trending

Exit mobile version