Connect with us

News

North Korea Says It Simulated Nuclear Attacks On South Korea And Rehearsed Occupation Of Its Rival

Published

on

north korea

South Korea’s SEOUL — North Korea said Thursday that its recent missile launches mimicked “scorched earth” nuclear strikes on South Korea and that it has also been practicing occupying its rival’s territory in the case of war.

Pyongyang has already tested nuclear-capable missiles and indicated how they would be used in hypothetical conflicts with South Korea and the United States. However, according to observers, the North’s disclosure of specific war plans underlined its aggressive nuclear strategy to terrify its opponents, as it escalated its protest of the continuing South Korean-US military drills, which it sees as a huge security threat.

According to the official Korean Central News Agency, North Korea’s military fired two tactical ballistic missiles from the capital on Wednesday night to practice “scorched earth strikes” on major command centers and operational airfields in South Korea.

The North Korean military claimed that the missiles carried out their simulated hits via air bursts, implying that it validated the explosions of dummy warheads at a predetermined altitude.

North Korea claimed its missile tests were in response to the US flying long-range B-1B bombers over South Korea earlier Wednesday as part of the partners’ field drills.

north korea

South Korea’s SEOUL — North Korea said Thursday that its recent missile launches mimicked “scorched earth” nuclear strikes on South Korea.

“(The aerial drill) poses a serious threat to (North Korea) because it was conducted in accordance with the scenario for a preemptive nuclear strike against” North Korea, according to the Korean People’s Army general staff. “The KPA will never forget the reckless actions of US forces and (South Korean) military gangsters.”

The Wednesday missile launches were the most recent in the North’s onslaught of weapons testing since last year.

According to estimates from South Korea and Japan, the two short-range missiles flew 360-400 kilometers (225-250 miles) at a maximum height of 50 kilometers (30 miles) before landing in the waters between the Korean Peninsula and Japan.

South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff described the launches as “a grave provocation” that endangers international peace and breaches United Nations Security Council resolutions prohibiting North Korean ballistic missile launches. The US Indo-Pacific Command stated that the US commitment to South Korean and Japanese defense remained “ironclad.”

On Wednesday, South Korean and Japanese authorities reported their jets engaged in joint aerial exercises with US B-1B bombers. According to South Korea’s Defence Ministry, Wednesday’s B-1B deployment is the tenth flypast by US bombers over the Korean Peninsula this year.

North Korea is highly concerned with deploying US B-1B bombers capable of carrying many conventional bombs. The North describes the bombers as “nuclear strategic” even though they were converted to conventional weapons in the 1990s.

north korea

South Korea’s SEOUL — North Korea said Thursday that its recent missile launches mimicked “scorched earth” nuclear strikes on South Korea.

The United States and South Korea began their summer Ulchi Freedom Shield computer-simulated command post exercise on August 21. This year’s training, which is set to culminate later Thursday, has featured more than 30 field exercises, such as Wednesday’s combined aerial exercise with the B-1B aircraft.

North Korea describes significant US-led military exercises on and around the Korean Peninsula as preparation for an invasion. Officials in both Washington and Seoul argue that their exercises are defensive. The United States has approximately 28,000 troops stationed in South Korea.

According to KCNA, Kim visited an army base on Tuesday where his troops have been undertaking command post maneuvers in reaction to the South Korean-US military training. The drills are intended to practice procedures for “occupying the entire territory of the southern half” of the Korean Peninsula in the event of a conflict, according to the statement.

Kim emphasized the importance of “dealing a heavy blow at the enemy’s war potential and war command centre, as well as blinding their means of command communication at the initial stage of operation.” According to KNCA, Kim also specified requirements for acquiring the ability to launch “simultaneous super-intense strikes” at important enemy military objectives and other places whose destruction can bring social and economic upheaval.

According to researcher Cheong Seong-Chang of South Korea’s private Sejong Institute, the North’s study shows it has operational plans to launch full-fledged attacks on South Korea during armed hostilities between the rivals to achieve Korean unification by force. He claimed North Korea was planning nuclear and EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attacks early in the war.

north korea

South Korea’s SEOUL — North Korea said Thursday that its recent missile launches mimicked “scorched earth” nuclear strikes on South Korea.

Later Thursday, South Korea’s Unification Ministry harshly condemned North Korea for publicly declaring its intention to invade the South. It warned North Korea that if it maintains its provocations and military threats, it will face “an overwhelming response” from South Korea, the United States, and Japan.

According to the ministry, it was the first report on command post training involving the whole military since Kim took office in late 2011.

Since last year, when it passed new legislation authorizing nuclear weapons in various situations, North Korea has openly threatened to deploy its nuclear weapons first in prospective battles with South Korea and the United States.

Kim has been working hard to grow and modernize his arsenal of weaponry. Its second effort to launch a spy satellite failed last week, but a third attempt is planned for October.

Foreign experts believe Kim will eventually utilize his expanded military arsenals to push the US to make concessions when negotiation restarts.

SOURCE – (AP)

Kiara Grace is a staff writer at VORNews, a reputable online publication. Her writing focuses on technology trends, particularly in the realm of consumer electronics and software. With a keen eye for detail and a knack for breaking down complex topics, Kiara delivers insightful analyses that resonate with tech enthusiasts and casual readers alike. Her articles strike a balance between in-depth coverage and accessibility, making them a go-to resource for anyone seeking to stay informed about the latest innovations shaping our digital world.

News

Bangladesh closes Universities and Colleges indefinitely Following Deadly Protests.

Published

on

Bangladesh
Reuters

(VOR News) – Bangladesh has declared that it will shut down all public and private colleges indefinitely commencing on Wednesday, following the fatalities of student demonstrations against a quota system for government jobs this week.

At least six individuals have died as a consequence of the demonstrations, and numerous others have sustained injuries.

Demonstrations regarding public sector employment quotas have caused significant disruptions throughout South Asia over the past few weeks. A thirty percent reservation is included in these quotas for the family members of freedom fighters who participated in the 1971 War of Independence from Pakistan.

Students who are confronted with high rates of adolescent unemployment have become enraged.

There are nearly 32 million youthful Bangladeshis who are neither employed nor enrolled in another educational institution, out of a total population of 170 million.

Sheikh Hasina, Bangladesh’s Prime Minister, rejected the demonstrators’ demands.

Who cited ongoing court proceedings. She also referred to those who opposed the quota as “razakar,” a term that is reserved for individuals who are suspected of collaborating with the Pakistani army during the 1971 conflict. This prompted a heightened level of demonstrations.

This week, the demonstrations escalated into violence when thousands of individuals who were protesting quotas encountered members of the student branch of the Awami League party, the governing party in Bangladesh.

The police employed rubber pellets and tear gas to disperse the demonstrators.

Authorities have reported that the confrontations that occurred on Tuesday resulted in the deaths of six individuals, including at least three students.

In a post on X, Amnesty International issued an urgent call to the Government of Bangladesh to ensure the safety of all peaceful protesters and the appropriate treatment of all injured individuals. “We seek to ensure that all those injured receive the appropriate medical care.”

The authorities have dispatched riot police and the paramilitary force known as the Border Guard Bangladesh to university campuses to guarantee the preservation of law and order throughout the nation.

Towards the conclusion of Tuesday, the University Grants Commission issued an order directing all universities to promptly close their doors and requesting that students vacate the premises for the sake of both safety and security. Additional educational institutions, such as colleges and high schools, were also shuttered.

Students will participate in processions on Wednesday, carrying coffins as a symbol of their condolences for the deceased, as per Nahid Islam, the individual responsible for organizing the anti-quota demonstrations.

A female student at Dhaka University, who requested anonymity for fear of reprisal, stated, “Many have fled the dormitories due to attacks by cadres of the student league (the student wing of the ruling party).”

” Bangladeshis have said this out of fear of being punished.”

“Certainly, there are still a significant number of students, particularly in the male dormitories.” Leaving the dormitories will be a challenging experience for those of us who are currently residing there.

The Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP), the most prominent opposition party, was raided by the police in Dhaka at approximately midnight on Tuesday. Seven activists, including a former commander of the BNP’s student section, were apprehended during the operation.

Harun Or Rashid, the director of the detective branch of the police, reported that they were able to recover a total of one hundred rudimentary explosives and numerous bottles of gasoline during the raid that was conducted in the vicinity of the BNP office, following the setting of a bus on fire.

Ruhul Kabir Rizvi, the senior joint secretary of the BNP, expressed his disapproval of the search and claimed that the government had positioned the items that were discovered to discredit the anti-quota demonstrations.

The protests are the first significant challenge to the administration that Hasina has been leading, as she was elected to a fourth consecutive term in January in an election that was boycotted by the BNP.

The sluggish growth of jobs in the private sector, which has made jobs in the government increasingly desirable, may be the cause of the unrest, according to the experts. These jobs offer regular wage increases and other benefits.

One percent of the positions in the Bangladeshi government are reserved for individuals with disabilities, ten percent are designated for women, ten percent are reserved for individuals from underdeveloped regions, five percent are reserved for indigenous groups, and fifty-six percent are reserved for women.

SOURCE: USN

SEE ALSO:

Will The Seine Be Clean Enough By The Olympics? Not Even The Experts Know Yet

Biden Set to Announce Support for Major Supreme Court changes

UK Heatwave: 30C Temperatures Expected This Week

Continue Reading

News

UK Heatwave: 30C Temperatures Expected This Week

Published

on

UK Heatwave 30C Temperatures Expected This Week

Following an abnormally damp start to July, parts of the UK could experience a burst of 30 degrees Celsius by the end of this week.

The warm blast is predicted to hit the South-East of England on Friday. Temperatures could set a new record for the warmest day of the year, with 30.5C recorded in Wisley, Surrey, on June 26th.

Areas that have already suffered a July downpour are expected to become significantly drier and warmer, albeit only momentarily.

But we shouldn’t put away our umbrellas just yet; the dry weather will be even shorter-lived in the northwest, and the entire UK might be unsettled as early as Saturday evening.

Most of us have had a damp and chilly start to the month, with temperatures falling below or near the seasonal normal. Some areas of the country, like Loftus in North Yorkshire and Northolt in London, have already received more than double the usual July rainfall.

On Monday, the Met Office issued a yellow rain warning, with some places receiving 15-20mm in less than an hour and 30-40mm over many hours.

VOR News

The warning was issued on St. Swithin’s Day, which may indicate rain for the next 40 days.

The cold and damp July was caused by the jet stream – a fast-moving wind high in the atmosphere – passing primarily over or to the south of the United Kingdom.

However, it has not been a washout everywhere. Some northern and western places, such as Castlederg in Northern Ireland and Machrihanish in western Scotland, have been relatively dry, receiving only 20 to 25% of their usual July rainfall.

Northern Ireland is far drier than last July, the wettest on record.

The jet stream, a fast-moving band of air high in the atmosphere that propels low-pressure storms in from the Atlantic, has angled towards the south of the UK, allowing frigid arctic air to flow in from the north.

It will now move farther north, deflecting rain to the north and west while enabling warmer air to slip in from the south.

High pressure will begin to develop from the Azores, indicating that the entire United Kingdom will be relatively dry on Wednesday.

Temperatures will be close to the seasonal norm, with 17-21C in Scotland and Northern Ireland, 18-23C in Wales, and low-to-mid-twenties in England. Of course, it will feel warmer in the bright July sunshine, something we have been lacking of late.

Rain will fall on Thursday and Friday throughout Northern Ireland and western Scotland, ushering in a return to dreary, damp conditions.

However, the dry weather may persist across much of England and Wales, with temperatures rising somewhat, particularly in south-east England.

By Friday, temperatures in London might reach 30 degrees Celsius before dropping again over the weekend.

Probably not; according to the Met Office, a heatwave is three or more consecutive days of temperatures above a certain threshold, which varies depending on where you are in the UK.

In the London area, the threshold is 28 degrees Celsius. The temperature in Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, and most of northern and western England is 25 degrees Celsius.

If temperatures exceed 25 degrees Celsius in July, it will be the first time this has happened in the UK.

The heat is not expected to stay long; a thunderstorm in the east on Saturday night will bring temperatures back to normal.

Next week, we can expect westerly winds with dry spells and occasional sunshine, as well as showers and prolonged spells of rain, particularly in the north and west.

Source: BBC

Continue Reading

News

Biden Set to Announce Support for Major Supreme Court changes

Published

on

Biden Set to Announce Support for Major Supreme Court changes

(CTN News) – According to two persons briefed on the preparations, US President Joe Biden is preparing to support dramatic reforms to the Supreme Court, including term limits and an enforced ethics code.

According to people who spoke on the condition of anonymity to disclose private conversations, he is also considering proposing a constitutional amendment to eliminate extensive immunity for presidents and other constitutional officeholders.

This declaration is a significant shift from Joe Biden, who, as chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, has long opposed progressive judicial reform efforts.

The potential revisions are in response to growing outrage over recent ethical issues involving Supreme Court Justice Thomas Clearance and judgments made by an interim majority that overturned traditional law on issues such as abortion and the federal government’s capacity to regulate.

Joe Biden mentioned this move briefly in his Zoom meeting with the Congressional Progressive Caucus on Saturday. In an off-camera remark cited in a transcript obtained by the Washington Post, Biden stated, “I am going to need your help in the Supreme Court because shortly, very shortly, I will be coming out with a major initiative, reducing the Supreme Court.” He did not want to advance this news.

Getting term limits and an ethics code through Congress would be practically impossible for two reasons: the Republican-controlled House and the Senate’s razor-thin Democratic majority. Adopting such a bill would require a 60-vote majority in the Senate.

To repeal an amendment, two-thirds of both chambers must approve it, or a convention must be called by two-thirds of the states, followed by three-fourths of the state legislature.

Following the Washington Post’s publication, former President Donald Trump criticized the action on Truth Social.

“They seek to annul the Presidential Election, and hence the Justice System, by threatening their political rival, me, and the Honorable Supreme Court. We must safeguard OUR Fair and Independent Courts and our Country by granting Abbygail the God-given right to sue.”

Source: Washington Post

Continue Reading

Trending