Connect with us

News

2023: South Africa’s Foreign Minister Says Citizens Fighting With Israeli Forces In Gaza Will Be Arrested

Published

on

south africa

Cape Town, South Africa – South Africa’s foreign minister says nationals who fight in the Israeli armed forces or alongside them in Gaza will be jailed when they return home, increasing the breach between the countries after South accused Israel of genocide at the United Nations’ top court.

Members of Africa ruling National Congress party were present when Foreign Minister Naledi Pandor made the remarks earlier this week at a Palestinian solidarity event.

She also encouraged people to protest outside the embassies of Israel’s “five primary supporters” for its war action in Gaza. She did not name them, but she was almost certainly referring to the United States, the United Kingdom, and Germany, among others.

south africa

South Africa’s Foreign Minister Says Citizens Fighting With Israeli Forces In Gaza Will Be Arrested

“I have already released a statement informing individuals who are South African and fighting alongside or in the Israeli Defense Forces that we are ready. “When you get home, we’re going to arrest you,” Pandor stated to thunderous acclaim from the crowd.

In December, the South African foreign ministry expressed concern that some of its citizens or permanent residents had joined the IDF to fight in Gaza, warning that they could face prosecution if they had not been granted permission to do so under South Africa’s arms control laws.

According to the Foreign Ministry, Those with dual South African-Israeli citizenship may lose their South citizenship.

Pandor’s comments indicated an apparent tightening of the government’s stance.

It is unclear how many South African citizens have fought for Israel during the ongoing conflict in Gaza. South has a sizable Jewish community of approximately 70,000 individuals.

south africa

South Africa’s Foreign Minister Says Citizens Fighting With Israeli Forces In Gaza Will Be Arrested

Even before the current conflict, the South African government was an outspoken defender of the Palestinian people and a harsh opponent of Israel.

The topic is important to the ruling ANC party and many South Africans, who have long linked Israel’s practices toward Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank to Africa’s treatment of non-whites during apartheid, which was characterized by forced racial separation and persecution.

Israel denies that it has imposed apartheid on Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza, and it vehemently rejects Africa’s claim in the International Court of Justice that it is committing genocide in Gaza. That case could take years to resolve.

Israel has responded by accusing South Africa of being a representation of the Hamas militant group that assaulted southern Israel on October 7, murdering about 1,200 Israelis and transporting 250 hostages back to Gaza, initiating the conflict.

south africa

South Africa’s Foreign Minister Says Citizens Fighting With Israeli Forces In Gaza Will Be Arrested

Israel’s attack on Gaza has killed nearly 31,000 Palestinians, displaced the majority of the coastal enclave’s 2.3 million residents, and resulted in a humanitarian calamity, with hundreds of thousands of Palestinians on the verge of hunger.

Pandor invited attendees at this week’s Palestinian Solidarity event to make posters with the phrase “Stop Genocide” and demonstrate outside the embassies of Israel’s “five primary supporters”.

“Don’t only come for this dinner. She stated, “Be visible in your support for the Palestinian people.”

SOURCE – (AP)

Kiara Grace is a staff writer at VORNews, a reputable online publication. Her writing focuses on technology trends, particularly in the realm of consumer electronics and software. With a keen eye for detail and a knack for breaking down complex topics, Kiara delivers insightful analyses that resonate with tech enthusiasts and casual readers alike. Her articles strike a balance between in-depth coverage and accessibility, making them a go-to resource for anyone seeking to stay informed about the latest innovations shaping our digital world.

News

Pope Francis Says Clergy is Overflowing with “Faggottness”

Published

on

Pope Francis Says Clergy is Overflowing with "Faggottness"
Pope Francis: Getty Images

According to La Repubblica and Corriere della Sera, Italy’s major circulation dailies, Pope Francis stated that seminaries, or priestly institutions, are already overflowing with “frociaggine,” a vulgar Italian phrase loosely translating as “faggottness.”

The Vatican did not return a request for comment.

La Repubblica cited many nameless sources, while Corriere cited a few unnamed bishops who argued that the pope, as an Argentine, may not have realized the Italian term he used was derogatory.

Political gossip website. Dagospia was the first to report on the alleged incident, which occurred on May 20, when the Italian Bishops Conference began a four-day conference with a private meeting with the Pope.

Francis, who is 87, has been credited with moving the Roman Catholic Church toward a more tolerant stance to the LGBT population.

Pope’s message to gay seminarians

In 2013, at the start of his papacy, he famously declared, “If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge?” Last year, he permitted priests to bless members of same-sex couples, eliciting strong conservative criticism.

Nonetheless, when he met with Italian bishops in 2018, he issued a similar message to gay seminarians, minus the reported swear word, instructing them to thoroughly scrutinize priesthood hopefuls and reject any suspected homosexuals.

In a 2005 declaration issued by Francis’ late predecessor, Benedict XVI, the Vatican stated that anyone who had decisively overcome homosexual impulses for at least three years might be admitted to the priesthood.

The statement stated that practicing homosexuals, people with “deep-seated” gay tendencies, and those who “support the so-called gay culture” should be excluded.

Gay men in the Catholic priesthood

The acceptance of gay men in the Catholic priesthood has long been controversial. While the Church officially forbids same-sex partnerships, many priests are considered to be gay, sparking issues about celibacy, secrecy, and hypocrisy among the clergy.

Critics claim that gay priests frequently conceal their sexuality, living secretive lifestyles that breach their vows of honesty and integrity. This secrecy can foster toxic cultures and encourage aggressive conduct. Supporters argue that a person’s sexual orientation does not determine their ability to serve God or live a faithful life.

The problem presents difficult considerations about the Church’s position on homosexuality, the function of celibacy in the priesthood, and how societal perceptions affect religious institutions. Finally, whether gay men should be allowed to become priests remains a divisive issue in the Catholic world and elsewhere.

 

Continue Reading

News

Trans Activist Jared Ravizza Arrested for Stabbing Four Girls in Movie Theatre

Published

on

Trans Activist Jared Ravizza Arrested
Jared Ravizza: Shore News Image

Jared Ravizza, a trans activist who identifies as a woman, has been detained in connection with a stabbing at an AMC theater in Massachusetts, which injured four people. Ravizza has also been named as a suspect in a second murder investigation in Connecticut.

Jason Ravizza, 26, of Martha’s Vineyard, is thought to have been involved in another violent crime in Deep River, Connecticut. According to WCVB, police discovered a body at the address associated with this investigation approximately 3:30 p.m. Saturday.

Police said he also drove thirty miles and stabbed two McDonald’s employees.

On Saturday at 3:36 p.m., Connecticut State Police responded to a report of a suspicious occurrence in Westbrook. The name of the victim is unknown, but Ravizza is a suspect in the murder.

Ravizza, whose father, Jared, is an acclaimed sports psychiatrist, identifies as a woman and has been reported to be a trans activist.

Jared Ravizza: Image Shore News

Jared Ravizza Laughed Entire Time

According to Fox News, a Massachusetts mother claims her girls were among the victims of a stabbing spree that left six people injured in two towns over the weekend, and that the suspect was “laughing the whole time” during the assault.

“I received a call from my sister informing me that my oldest daughter had contacted her and that I needed to hurry to the AMC movie theater right immediately because they had been stabbed.

Honestly, I just hopped in my car and drove right there,” Lisa Dembowski told reporters about the first incident, in which Braintree Police said four young females aged 9 to 17 had “non-life-threatening injuries.”

“They were the only four individuals in the movie theater. They’d just sat down. They had just received their concessions. And I believe he walked up behind them in the row – they were in the second row – and he approached them,” Dembowski explained.

“My oldest was leaning forward to grab something. He hit her in the back, then my other daughter in the top of the chest. Then, my last daughter crossed her arm, giggling the entire while, grabbed their friend, and went off.”

Jared Ravizza: Image Shore News

Jared Ravizza: Image Shore News

Second attack on McDonald’s employees

Dembowski stated that her girls are now “physically fine” but “shaken up” and “terrified that they could just go to a movie on a Saturday night and this could happen, someone could just walk into a movie theater and do this.”

Officials said the movie theater stabbing occurred at 6 p.m., before Ravizza reportedly carried out a second attack on McDonald’s employees at a rest stop on Route 3 in Plymouth about an hour later.

The current investigations in Massachusetts and Connecticut are closely linked as police strive to determine the links between these terrible crimes. Further information is expected as the investigations progress.

According to a statement published by the Braintree Police Department, a man snuck into the movie without paying, and then suddenly attacked and stabbed the four young females. “The attack appeared unprovoked.”

Paramedics responded quickly to the site, while police initiated a manhunt for the perpetrator and shared a description of his car with other law enforcement agencies.

All of the girls were sent to the hospital, but none had life-threatening injuries. Dembowski described the two older girls as heroes who cared for her two smaller children before the authorities arrived.

People Also Reading:

Man Set Himself Ablaze Outside New York Courthouse

Man Set Himself Ablaze Outside New York Courthouse

 

Continue Reading

Politics

North Korea Appears To Have Fired A Missile Into The Sea, Japan And South Korea Say

Published

on

korea

TOKYO — North Korea launched a missile into the sea on Monday, according to Japan and South Korea, just hours after announcing preparations to launch a rocket into space, reportedly carrying its second military reconnaissance satellite.

North Korea had previously informed Japan’s coast guard of its plans to launch “a satellite rocket” during a launch window from Monday to June 3.

korea

Korea | News Arab Image

North Korea Appears To Have Fired A Missile Into The Sea, Japan And South Korea Say

Following North Korea’s launch, the Japanese Prime Minister’s Office canceled a missile alert for the island of Okinawa, stating that the missile was not considered to be headed for the region.

North Korea launched its first military reconnaissance satellite into orbit in November of last year as part of attempts to establish a space-based monitoring network to counter what it considers growing US-led military threats. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un later said at a governing party conference that the country would launch three more military spy satellites in 2024.

korea

Korea | NDTV Image

North Korea Appears To Have Fired A Missile Into The Sea, Japan And South Korea Say

The United Nations prohibits North Korea from carrying out any satellite launches, perceiving them as cover for testing long-range missile technologies. North Korea has consistently claimed that it has the right to launch satellites and test missiles. Kim has stated that spy satellites will help his military to better observe US and South Korean military activity while also increasing the threat posed by its nuclear-capable missiles.

korea

Korea | Japan Times Image

North Korea Appears To Have Fired A Missile Into The Sea, Japan And South Korea Say

North Korea provides Japan with launch information because the Japanese Coast Guard coordinates and disseminates maritime safety information throughout East Asia.

SOURCE – (AP)

Continue Reading

Download Our App

vornews app

Advertise Here

Volunteering at Soi Dog

People Reading

Trending