Connect with us

News

Biden’s DOJ Criminally Charges Former President Donald Trump

Published

on

Biden's DOJ Criminally Charges Former President Donald Trump

Former President Donald Trump has been charged with federal crimes as a result of Special Counsel Jack Smith’s months-long investigation. Trump is charged with at least seven felony offences, including document tampering and obstruction of justice. He has been summoned to federal court in Miami on Tuesday.

Trump announced the indictment on his Truth Social social media site. According to sources, federal prosecutors told Trump’s attorneys of the charge shortly before he publicized it.

Trump stated that he has “been summoned to appear at the Federal Courthouse in Miami on Tuesday, at 3 PM.”

Trump has been indicted for the second time this year. Trump pleaded not guilty in April after Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg charged him with 34 counts of falsifying business documents in the first degree.

Smith was appointed in November 2022 by Attorney General Merrick Garland to examine Trump’s suspected inappropriate retention of secret records at his Mar-a-Lago estate.

Trump home raided

In February 2022, NARA informed Congress that Trump had taken 15 boxes of presidential records to his personal property in Florida. The 15 boxes were seized from Mar-a-Lago by NARA, who “identified items marked as classified national security information within the boxes.” NARA sent the case to the Justice Department.

These boxes purportedly held “classified national security information,” as well as official correspondence between Trump and foreign heads of state.

Among the classified materials seized by the FBI during the August raid were a letter from former President Obama to Trump, a letter from Kim Jong Un, a birthday dinner menu and a cocktail serviette.

Last year, Trump claimed that the National Archives did not “find” the records, but that they were “given, upon request.” According to sources close to the former president, he was cooperating and there was “no need” for the raid.

The FBI inquiry “established that documents bearing classification markings, which appear to contain National Defence Information (NDI), were among the materials contained” in the 15 boxes Trump first gave over to the NARA, according to the affidavit.

“A preliminary triage of the documents with classification markings revealed the following approximate numbers: 184 unique documents bearing classification markings, including 67 documents marked CONFIDENTIAL, 92 documents marked SECRET, and 25 documents marked TOP SECRET,” according to the affidavit.

According to the unsealed and heavily redacted affidavit used to justify the raid, the FBI stated that it had “probable cause to believe” that additional records containing classified information, including National Defence Information, would be discovered on the premises of the Mar-a-Lago home, in addition to what he had previously turned over to the NARA.

According to the property receipt from the FBI raid on August 8, 2022, agents took around 20 boxes of things from the premises, including one set of documents labelled “Various classified/TS/SCI documents,” which refers to top secret/sensitive compartmented information.

Top secret papers

Records protected by that government classification level may contain human intelligence and information that, if exposed, could jeopardise relations between the United States and other countries, as well as the lives of intelligence operations abroad. However, the classification also includes national security material pertaining to the president of the United States’ daily operations.

The property receipt also said that FBI agents collected four sets of top secret papers, three sets of secret documents, and three sets of confidential documents, however the document contains no information about any of those data.

The search was performed by the government in response to what it perceived to be a breach of federal laws: Gathering, transferring, or losing defence information is a violation of 18 USC 793; concealment, removal, or mutilation is a violation of 18 USC 2071; and destruction, alteration, or fabrication of data in federal investigations is a violation of 18 USC 1519.

The charge of “gathering, transmitting, or losing defence information” is a violation of the Espionage Act.

The charge follows the discovery of confidential materials in President Biden’s office at the Penn Biden Centre last year. Those records came from his time as vice president during the Obama administration, as well as his stint in the United States Senate.

Investigation into the Capitol riot

Garland initially chose U.S. Attorney John Lausch to conduct an investigation into sensitive data discovered at the Penn Biden Centre. More classified data were discovered at Biden’s Wilmington, Delaware residence in December, but the revelations were not made public until this year.

Garland later hired Special Counsel Robert Hur to investigate Biden’s unlawful retention of confidential records. Hur took up the Department of Justice probe from Lausch.

Meanwhile, secret documents were discovered at the home of former Vice President Mike Pence in Indiana.

On January 6, 2021, Smith also took over the Justice Department’s investigation into the Capitol riot. In that capacity, he investigated whether Trump or other officials hampered the peaceful transition of power following the 2020 presidential election, including the certification of the Electoral College result on that day.

The Biden White House did not respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

Last Monday, Fox News reported that the Justice Department had completed its investigation and that Pence would not be indicted.

Geoff Thomas is a seasoned staff writer at VORNews, a reputable online publication. With his sharp writing skills and deep understanding of SEO, he consistently delivers high-quality, engaging content that resonates with readers. Thomas' articles are well-researched, informative, and written in a clear, concise style that keeps audiences hooked. His ability to craft compelling narratives while seamlessly incorporating relevant keywords has made him a valuable asset to the VORNews team.

Continue Reading

News

Israel Finds The Body Of A Teen Whose Disappearance Sparked A Deadly Settler Attack In The West Bank

Published

on

israel

Al-Muhayyir, West Bank – Israel’s army announced Saturday that the body of a missing Israeli adolescent was discovered in the West Bank after he was slain in a “terrorist attack,” as violence erupted across the Israeli-occupied area, where tensions have been building for months.

israel

Israel Finds The Body Of A Teen Whose Disappearance Sparked A Deadly Settler Attack In The West Bank

The disappearance of 14-year-old Binyamin Achimair prompted Israeli settlers to launch raids on Palestinian towns on Friday and Saturday. The attack on al-Mughayyir hamlet on Friday killed one Palestinian and injured 25 others, according to Palestinian health officials. According to witnesses, Israeli troops held up the ambulance transporting the 26-year-old man’s body for burial for several hours on Saturday.

On Saturday, dozens of Israeli settlers returned to the village’s outskirts, burning down 12 homes and many cars. The Palestinian Health Ministry reported that three persons from the community were hurt, one gravely. Border police sprayed tear gas at the gathered locals, attempting to disperse them.

Israeli settlers set fire to many homes in the nearby village of Douma, according to the official Palestinian news agency Wafa. The Palestinian Red Crescent reported six persons hurt by gunshots but did not specify who fired.

Since the Israel-Hamas conflict in nearby Gaza broke out on October 7 as a result of a Hamas assault on southern Israel that claimed the lives of about 1,200 people and kidnapped 250 more, tensions in the West Bank have been particularly high. According to Gaza health officials, the Israeli offensive has killed more than 33,000 Palestinians.

Since then, Hamas has attempted to spark new fronts, especially in the West Bank, to increase pressure on Israel. Even though Israeli fire has killed more than 460 Palestinians in the West Bank since October 7, the majority of them in clashes sparked by army operations, but some by vigilante settlers, such efforts have largely failed.

There was no immediate claim of blame for the death of the Israeli teenager.

israel

Israel Finds The Body Of A Teen Whose Disappearance Sparked A Deadly Settler Attack In The West Bank

According to Israeli media, the teenager was last seen leaving Malachi Shalom, a settlement outpost, early Friday to care for cattle nearby. According to reports, the sheep returned to the outpost many hours later without him.

According to Israel’s Channel 13 TV, a drone spotted Achimair’s body. The broadcaster stated that he was not shot but did not clarify.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has denounced the incident. “We will get to the murderers and their accomplices as we do to anyone who harms the citizens of Israel,” he said in a statement released by his office.

The kidnapping and execution of three Israeli teenagers in the West Bank in 2014 fueled tensions, resulting in a 50-day Israel-Hamas war in Gaza, the deadliest phase of conflict between the two sides to date.

Consecutive Israeli governments have increased settlement construction in east Jerusalem and the West Bank, places where Palestinians hope for a future state alongside Gaza. Some are well-developed and resemble Israeli city suburbs, but other outposts may have a few caravans.

isarel

Israel Finds The Body Of A Teen Whose Disappearance Sparked A Deadly Settler Attack In The West Bank

While Israel has constructed numerous settlements throughout the occupied West Bank, the outposts are not allowed, despite the government’s tacit support. The international world regards all West Bank settlements as unlawful and impediments to peace.

Over 700,000 Israelis now live in the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem, regions acquired by Israel in 1967.

SOURCE – (AP)

Continue Reading

News

Posthumous Memoir By Russian Opposition Leader Alexei Navalny To Be Published Oct. 22

Published

on

navalny

NEW YORK — Alexei Navalny’s memoir, which he began working on in 2020, will be released this fall. “Patriot,” which publisher Alfred A. Knopf describes as the late Russian opposition leader’s “final letter to the world,” will be released on October 22.

Navalny’s widow, Yulia Navalnaya, said in a statement released Thursday by the publisher, “This book is a tribute not just to Alexei’s life, but to his unshakeable devotion to the battle against dictatorship—a war for which he devoted everything, even his life. Through its pages, readers will learn about the guy I adored—a man of tremendous integrity and unwavering courage. Sharing his tale will not only respect his legacy, but will also motivate others to fight for what is right and never lose sight of the most important ideals.”

navalny

Posthumous Memoir By Russian Opposition Leader Alexei Navalny To Be Published Oct. 22

Navalny, 47, died in February while serving a 19-year prison sentence on extremism charges, which he saw as politically motivated. He was imprisoned after returning from Germany in January 2021, where he was recovering from the 2020 nerve agent attack, which he blamed on the Kremlin, and has since received three prison sentences.

He perished in a distant correctional colony located above the Arctic Circle. Russian officials have categorically denied participation in both the poisoning and his death.

According to Knopf, Navalny began working on the book in Germany and continued to write it in Russia, both inside and outside the prison.

navalny

Posthumous Memoir By Russian Opposition Leader Alexei Navalny To Be Published Oct. 22

“In vivid, page-turning detail, including never-before-seen correspondence from prison, Navalny recounts, among other things, his political career, the many attempts on his life, and the lives of the people closest to him, and the relentless campaign he and his team waged against an increasingly dictatorial regime,” according to Knopf’s press release.

“Written with the passion, wit, candor, and bravery for which he was justly acclaimed, ‘Patriot’ is Navalny’s final letter to the world: a moving account of his last years spent in the most brutal prison on earth; a reminder of why the principles of individual freedom matter so deeply; and a rousing call to continue the work for which he sacrificed his life.”

In a post on X, formerly Twitter, Navalnaya claimed Thursday that she had hoped her husband would write a memoir much later in life when they were both “around 80” and had grandchildren.

navalny

Posthumous Memoir By Russian Opposition Leader Alexei Navalny To Be Published Oct. 22

She recalled that many people encouraged Navalny to begin writing after the poisoning, but he initially dismissed these suggestions: “What kind of memoir is it when you’re 44?” It’s just been slightly more than half (his) life. He wasn’t rushing because there was so much more to come. But things came out as they did. Horrible and extremely unjust. “It turned out there was no other half ahead.”

She stated that the memoir was translated into 11 languages and would “definitely” be released in Russian. It is unclear from her words whether the book will be published in Russia, where Navalny was convicted as a leader of an extremist group and his foundation and offices were prohibited.

SOURCE – (AP)

Continue Reading

News

The Masters Gets Underway With Nicklaus, Player And Watson Hitting Ceremonial First Shots

Published

on

masters

AUGUSTA, Georgia—The Masters began Thursday after a 2 1/2-hour weather delay, with wind still whipping beneath an overcast sky. It marks the first time golf’s top players have competed on the same course since the British Open in July.

With his wife Barbara on the bag, six-time champion Jack Nicklaus joined three-time winner Gary Player and two-time champion Tom Watson as hundreds of spectators gathered around the first tee to witness them take the ceremonial first shots.

masters

The Masters Gets Underway With Nicklaus, Player And Watson Hitting Ceremonial First Shots

“It’s not so easy to put the ball on the tee now, is it?” The player inquired of the others before stripping one down the fairway.

“Watch out on the left and right,” Nicklaus said before driving it straight down the middle.

Erik van Rooyen and Jake Knapp were the first participants to tee off, with the PGA Tour and LIV Golf strong hitters spread out in highlighted groups throughout the day. Those with later tee dates, such as Tiger Woods, Jordan Spieth, and Dustin Johnson, would likely finish after dusk, forcing them to return on Friday to complete their first rounds.

This year’s tournament features 13 players from Saudi-funded LIV Golf, including defending Masters champion Jon Rahm, who quit the PGA Tour late last year for millions in guaranteed money. That’s down from 18 a year ago when people were still determining how the split between the breakaway league and the long-established PGA Tour would play out at Augusta National.

However, the ongoing schism is just one of many topics this year.

masters

The Masters Gets Underway With Nicklaus, Player And Watson Hitting Ceremonial First Shots

Scottie Scheffler, the 2022 champion and world’s number one player, has been the 4-1 betting favorite since Woods ruled nearly two decades ago, according to FanDuel Sportsbook. Rory McIlroy, who missed the cut last year, is attempting to complete the career grand slam for the tenth time. Woods is only playing for the second time this season due to illness and injury.

Scheffler and Sam Burns both have wives who are expecting their first children. Both players have stated that they would retire if they heard their wives were in labor, which is difficult to believe given their advantage on Sunday’s back nine.

masters

The Masters Gets Underway With Nicklaus, Player And Watson Hitting Ceremonial First Shots

Last year, the rain stretched the third round to Sunday, and Rahm entered the long day four shots behind Brooks Koepka. He had halved it at the start of the final round, and Rahm became the fourth Spaniard to win a green jacket with a four-shot triumph against Koepka and Phil Mickelson, who finished with a 65 at the age of 52.

SOURCE – (AP)

Continue Reading

Trending