Connect with us

Entertainment

Lawyers Of Alleged Andrew Tate’s Victims Say Their Clients Are Being Harassed And Intimidated

Published

on

tate

BUCHAREST, Romania — Thursday, attorneys for alleged abuse victims of social media influencer Andrew Tate, charged with rape and human trafficking, stated that the accused and his followers are attempting to intimidate their clients into silence.

At a news conference held at a hotel in the heart of Bucharest, attorneys representing legal teams from the United States and the United Kingdom stated that they wanted to take a “united stand” against Tate and his followers and address “ongoing attempts to silence those who are speaking out.”

Tate, a 36-year-old former professional kickboxer, is also accused of establishing a criminal gang to sexually exploit women in Romania. He has amassed 8 million followers on X, formerly known as Twitter, a social media platform.

McCue Jury & Partners represents women suing him in the United Kingdom for alleged rape and physical assault, while the National Centre on Sexual Exploitation Law Centre and Laffey Bucci & Kent represent “key witnesses” of the prosecution in the Romania case whom Tate is suing for defamation in the United States.

Thursday, a representative for him denied the claims made by the attorneys.

“These threats will not work, they will not prevent people from coming forward, and they will not stop courts around the world from hearing their cases,” the attorneys said in a joint statement. “We encourage individuals to play a role in preventing the spread of misinformation online and to consider carefully how their words in these spaces can affect those who are already suffering tremendously.”

tate

Lawyers Of Alleged Andrew Tate’s Victims Say Their Clients Are Being Harassed And Intimidated

The Crown Prosecution Service decided not to prosecute Tate after four women reported him for alleged sexual assault and physical abuse. Subsequently, the alleged victims turned to crowdfunding to finance their civil case against him.

“We presented evidence of the heinous acts of violence we suffered and awaited action. Four years later, however, we were informed that he would not be prosecuted by British authorities,” they state on their campaign page, which has raised £30,000 of their £50,000 ($60,000) goal. This is our last remaining option for holding him accountable.

In a letter to the media sent last month, Tate referred to the allegations made by the British women as “malicious and disputed” and stated, “if proceedings are brought, I shall resist any attempt to claim anonymity for all or any of the complainants.”

However, the law firm McCue Jury & Partners, representing the women, asserted Thursday that Tate’s letter “contained numerous false and misleading statements.”

“Tate asserted that there is no case against him in the United Kingdom, and the firm proposed mediation through monetary compensation,” the law firm said. “Unfortunately for Mr. Tate, a lawsuit has been filed against him in the United Kingdom… We made it crystal plain to Tate that any settlement must include an admission of liability.”

In June, Romanian prosecutors formally indicted Tate, his brother Tristan, and two Romanian women in a separate case. All four were detained at the end of December and have denied the charges.

tate

Lawyers Of Alleged Andrew Tate’s Victims Say Their Clients Are Being Harassed And Intimidated

The National Centre on Sexual Exploitation Law Centre, suppressing witnesses in the Romania case, stated that the brothers and their associates “have maliciously harassed and threatened” their customers.

In July, the Tate brothers filed a lawsuit against a Florida woman, her parents, a woman who resided at the Tate’s estate near Bucharest, and the woman’s male companion. In a lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County, the Tate brothers assert she fraudulently accused them of imprisoning her in Romania and are seeking at least $5 million in damages.

Jillian Roth of the law firm Laffey, Bucci & Kent stated that the lawsuit was filed to intimidate, harass, and retaliate against the women who spoke out against their abuse.

“These women are extremely frightened, they’re terrified,” Roth said. “They’ve been threatened, and people have visited their workplaces.”

Andrew Tate has repeatedly asserted that Romanian prosecutors have no evidence against him and that he is the target of a political plot to muzzle him. Due to his misogynistic views and hate speech, he was previously banned from several prominent social media platforms.

A Bucharest court ruled last week to remove Tate’s geographical restrictions, allowing him to travel anywhere in Romania. Before this decision, he was restricted to Bucharest Municipality and the neighboring Ilfov County unless he obtained a judge’s prior approval. However, he is unable to exit the country.

SOURCE – (AP)

Kiara Grace is a staff writer at VORNews, a reputable online publication. Her writing focuses on technology trends, particularly in the realm of consumer electronics and software. With a keen eye for detail and a knack for breaking down complex topics, Kiara delivers insightful analyses that resonate with tech enthusiasts and casual readers alike. Her articles strike a balance between in-depth coverage and accessibility, making them a go-to resource for anyone seeking to stay informed about the latest innovations shaping our digital world.

Celebrity

Matthew Perry’s Death Under Investigation In Connection With Ketamine Level Found In Actor’s Blood

Published

on

Friends Star Matthew Perry, 54 Found Dead at His LA Home

Los Angeles  — Authorities have begun an investigation into how Matthew Perry obtained the ketamine that killed him, police said Tuesday.

Los Angeles police are collaborating with the US Narcotic Enforcement Administration and the US Postal Inspection Service to investigate why the 54-year-old “Friends” star had so much of the narcotic in his system, LAPD Capt. Scot Williams said in an email.

perry

matthew Perry | CBC Image

Matthew Perry’s Death Under Investigation In Connection With Ketamine Level Found In Actor’s Blood

On Oct. 28, an assistant discovered Perry, 54, face down in his hot tub, and paramedics arrived and confirmed him dead. His autopsy, which was disclosed in December, revealed that the level of ketamine in his blood was within the range used for general anesthesia during surgery. The primary cause of death was categorized as an accident, with no foul play suspected, according to the report.

The coroner cited drowning and other medical conditions as contributory reasons.

TMZ initially revealed the probe.

People close to the star informed coroner’s investigators that he was receiving ketamine infusion therapy. The decades-old surgical medication has experienced a significant increase in use in recent years to treat depression, anxiety, and pain.

However, the medical examiner stated that Perry’s most recent treatment, which occurred one and a half weeks prior, could not account for the ketamine levels in his blood. The medication is normally metabolized within hours. According to the medical examiner’s report, Perry was being treated by at least two doctors: a psychiatrist and an anesthesiologist who also functioned as his primary care physician. No illegal drugs or paraphernalia were discovered at his home.

perry

Matthew Perry | People Image

Matthew Perry’s Death Under Investigation In Connection With Ketamine Level Found In Actor’s Blood

Perry struggled with addiction for years, beginning with his time on “Friends,” where he starred as Chandler Bing alongside Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, and David Schwimmer for ten seasons from 1994 to 2004.

In other cases, celebrity deaths caused by drugs prompted authorities to punish those who gave them.

After rapper Mac Miller died from an overdose of cocaine, alcohol, and fentanyl-laced counterfeit oxycodone, two of the guys who gave him the fentanyl were convicted of trafficking it. One was sentenced to more than 17 years in federal prison, while the other received 10 years.

Two doctors and a manager of model and reality TV star Anna Nicole Smith were charged with scheming to obtain her prescription medicines before her 2007 death but not with causing her deadly overdose. All accusations against one doctor were subsequently dismissedexcept one misdemeanor fraud charge.

perry

Matthew Perry | Rolling Stone Image

Matthew Perry’s Death Under Investigation In Connection With Ketamine Level Found In Actor’s Blood

After Michael Jackson died in 2009 from a deadly dose of propofol, a medicine designed for use only during surgery and other medical operations, not for the insomnia the singer wanted, his doctor, Conrad Murray, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in 2011. Murray has maintained his innocence.

SOURCE – (AP)

Continue Reading

Celebrity

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Accused Of 2003 Sexual Assault In Lawsuit

Published

on

Diddy combs
Combs | AP News Image

NEW YORK — A former model accused Sean “Diddy” Combs of sexually abusing her at his New York City recording studio in 2003, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday, the latest in a slew of allegations against the embattled hip-hop entrepreneur.

Crystal McKinney, a prominent 22-year-old model, said she met Diddy at a restaurant during Men’s Fashion Week in Manhattan. The criminal complaint filed in New York City states that Combs invited her to his recording studio later that night.

combs

P diddy Combs | Sky News Image

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Accused Of 2003 Sexual Assault In Lawsuit

According to the lawsuit, when McKinney arrived, Diddy was drinking and smoking joints with several other males. According to the lawsuit, she smoked some marijuana and “later came to understand” that it was tainted with a narcotic or intoxicating drug. She felt as if she were floating. Diddy escorted her to the restroom, where the sexual assault occurred, according to the lawsuit.

According to the lawsuit, Diddy escorted her back to the studio, where she lost consciousness. She later awoke in a taxi and discovered she had been sexually assaulted, according to the lawsuit.

combs

Combs | Cheat Sheet Image

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Accused Of 2003 Sexual Assault In Lawsuit

Diddy’s reps did not immediately respond to an email requesting comment.

The Associated Press normally does not identify persons who claim to have been sexually abused unless they come forward publicly, as McKinney has.

The complaint was filed days after CNN published security footage showing Combs assaulting singer Cassie in a Los Angeles hotel corridor in 2016. On Sunday, Diddy published a video admitting to attacking Cassie in a hotel hallway, stating he was “truly sorry” and his actions were “inexcusable.”

Diddy is not likely to face criminal charges for the incident due to the statute of limitations.

combs

Diddy Combs | AP News Image

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Accused Of 2003 Sexual Assault In Lawsuit

Cassie filed a complaint in November alleging beatings and abuse, which was resolved a day later. However, it sparked increased scrutiny of Diddy, with numerous further lawsuits filed in the following months, as well as a federal criminal sex-trafficking probe that prompted investigators to raid Combs’ residences in Los Angeles and Miami.

The claim was filed on Tuesday under a New York City law that allows accusers to initiate civil litigation within a specific time frame, even if the alleged crimes occurred many years ago.

SOURCE – (AP)

Continue Reading

Business

Studio Ghibli Takes A Bow At Cannes With An Honorary Palme D’Or

Published

on

ghibli
Studio Ghibli | AP News Image

CANNES, France — The Cannes Film Festival honored Studio Ghibli, the Japanese cartoon factory of surreal ecological wonders that has captivated moviegoers for 39 years, with tales of Totoros, enchanted jellyfish, and floating castles, on Monday with an honorary Palme d’Or.

In the 22 years that Cannes has given out honorary Palmes, Ghibli’s prize was the first for anything other than an individual filmmaker or actor. (This year’s other winners include George Lucas and Meryl Streep.) Hayao Miyazaki, the 83-year-old animation genius who co-founded Studio Ghibli with Isao Takahata and Toshio Suzuki in 1985, did not attend the ceremony but spoke via video message from Japan.

ghibli

Studio Ghibli | AP News Image

Studio Ghibli Takes A Bow At Cannes With An Honorary Palme D’Or

“I don’t understand any of this,” Miyazaki replied. “But thank you.”

At Cannes, where standing ovations may last for hours, Ghibli’s envoys — Goro Miyazaki (son of Hayao) and Kenichi Yoda — received one of the festival’s most thunderous responses. Thierry Fremaux, Cannes’ creative director, walked across the platform of the Grand Théâtre Lumière to shoot the extended ovation, which he stated will be sent to Miyazaki via video.

“With this Palme d’Or, we’d like to thank you for all the magic you’ve brought to cinema,” said Iris Knobloch, the festival’s president, who presented the award.

ghibli

Studio Ghibli | AP News Image

Studio Ghibli Takes A Bow At Cannes With An Honorary Palme D’Or

The occasion was honored not with a new Ghibli picture but by four previously unreleased short films outside of Japan. “Mei and the Baby Cat Bus,” a minor sequel to Miyazaki’s 1989 film “My Neighbor Totoro,” grows the Cat Bus from that classic to a full fleet of cat conveyances, most notably the small Baby Cat Bus

The films were all created for the Studio Ghibli Museum outside Tokyo, including “Mr. Dough and the Egg Princess,” a culinary-themed desert for Miyazaki’s 2001 film “Spirited Away.” The other two—”House Hunting” and “Boro the Caterpillar”—create acoustic mini-adventures for forest critters.

Miyazaki’s long-awaited “The Boy and the Heron” won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature in March, so the Studio Ghibli party came soon after. (A documentary on its making, “Hayao Miyazaki and the Heron,” was also shown at Cannes.)

ghibli

Studio Ghibli | AP News Image

Studio Ghibli Takes A Bow At Cannes With An Honorary Palme D’Or

Miyazaki also sat out at the ceremony. Goro Miyazaki, whose own films include “From Up on Poppy Hill” and “Tales From Earthsea,” revealed that they had to wrap the Oscar in a hotel towel before bringing it home to his father. On Monday, he was relieved that the Cannes prize is portable.

“I’m reassured seeing the Palme d’Or was in a box,” he remarked, smiling.

SOURCE – (AP)

Continue Reading

Volunteering at Soi Dog

Download Our App

vornews app

Trending