Connect with us

News

Nasser Hospital In ‘Catastrophic’ Condition As Israeli Troops Raid

Published

on

nasser

NASSER HOSPITAL – Israel’s military claims to have apprehended “dozens” of terror suspects during a raid on southern Gaza’s largest hospital, forcing staff and patients to run under fire.

Israel said it launched a “precise and limited mission” at Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis, citing intelligence that Hamas had detained prisoners there.

Hamas denounced the assertion as “lies”.
The hospital’s director told the BBC that the circumstances inside were “catastrophic and very dangerous”.

According to Israel Defence Forces chief spokesman Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari, those apprehended included a participant in Hamas’ attack inside Israel on October 7, “an ambulance driver for Hamas” who had driven a hostage into Gaza, and a member of the armed Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine.

nasser

Nasser Hospital In ‘Catastrophic’ Condition As Israeli Troops Raid

He stated that interrogations of “terrorists who were arrested or surrendered in the area,” as well as testimony from rescued captives, had “determined that kidnapped Israelis were previously held in the hospital compound.”

However, he stated that Israeli special forces involved in the hospital operation had yet to discover any proof of kidnapped Israelis and that the search was ongoing.

His statements came hours after the BBC confirmed footage of medical professionals carrying patients on stretchers down a smoke-filled corridor.

One patient, still in their bed, is shown being transported through a corridor with a damaged ceiling.

Other patients may be seen, including one being taken away in what appears to be a blanket.
In another video, individuals are shown piling furniture and other items against a door while a narrator announces in English that Israeli forces are going to enter.

A nurse at the hospital told the BBC that a “large number of dogs” were discharged during the operation.
Nasser’s director, Nahed Abu-Teima, told BBC Arabic that there had been “violent shelling and severe explosions” for several hours “in the vicinity of the complex”.

He claimed that the patients who remained at the clinic were “piled up in wards” with critical injuries and urged the UN and Red Cross to “save” them and the personnel.

Nasser is one of the few hospitals still operational in Gaza, and it has been the site of severe battles between the IDF and Hamas for days.

nasser
Nasser Hospital In ‘Catastrophic’ Condition As Israeli Troops Raid

The operation began Thursday, a day after the IDF ordered thousands of displaced Palestinians to leave the site.

Israel’s military said it had told Nasser hospital staff that patients and staff were not required to leave and that medics could continue to treat Gazans.

Dr Ashraf al-Quadra, a spokeswoman for Gaza’s Hamas-run health ministry, contradicted this, claiming that Israeli troops compelled hospital administration to “keep intensive care patients without medical equipment”.

Rawan Al-Mughrabi, a chemist at the hospital, was among those evacuated by Israeli soldiers on Wednesday.

She told BBC Arabic that “a state of panic caused people [being evacuated] to stand on top of one another and scream.” Several persons were injured and hospitalised. Upon leaving the hospital gate and reaching the checkpoints, police dogs stormed the entire hospital and departments, arresting many people. “Most of the medical cases were evacuated from the hospital, and only the very critical cases remained,” she stated.

On Wednesday, the UN’s humanitarian office said there were reports of sniper fire at the compound, endangering the lives of physicians, patients, and displaced people.

Medicins San Frontieres, a medical charity, stated that people told to evacuate faced an untenable choice: stay “and become a potential target” or depart “into an apocalyptic landscape” of explosions.

Israel launched its military attack after waves of Hamas fighters broke through Israel’s border on October 7, killing around 1,200 people, mostly civilians, and carrying 253 others as prisoners back to Gaza.

nasser

Nasser Hospital In ‘Catastrophic’ Condition As Israeli Troops Raid

According to the Hamas-run health ministry, Israel’s campaign has killed more than 28,600 individuals, the majority of whom are women and children. Israel claims its goal is to destroy Hamas and secure the return of the hostages.

Israel is under increasing international pressure to exercise caution. On Wednesday, France’s President Emmanuel Macron called Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to declare Israel’s operations in Gaza “must cease” and that the human cost was “intolerable”.

But Mr Netanyahu reiterated that his troops will march on the Gazan city of Rafah, which has already been bombarded. Approximately 1.4 million Palestinians are sheltering in the area.

The prime ministers of Australia, Canada, and New Zealand released a joint statement expressing “grave concern” that a military action in Rafah would be “catastrophic”.

SOURCE – (BBC)

Kiara Grace is a staff writer at VORNews, a reputable online publication. Her writing focuses on technology trends, particularly in the realm of consumer electronics and software. With a keen eye for detail and a knack for breaking down complex topics, Kiara delivers insightful analyses that resonate with tech enthusiasts and casual readers alike. Her articles strike a balance between in-depth coverage and accessibility, making them a go-to resource for anyone seeking to stay informed about the latest innovations shaping our digital world.

Continue Reading

News

Man Set Himself Afire in New York Leaves Shocking Manifesto

Published

on

man set himself on fire new york
Man Set Himself Afire: Getty Image

In an online manifesto, the man set himself on fire outside a New York courthouse where former President Donald Trump was on trial, citing political motivations. The individual, Max Azzarello, is alive but badly injured. Police observed him dousing himself with fluids before lighting.

Responders on the scene contributed to the fire’s extinguishment. Azzarello’s pamphlets and social media posts suggest conspiracy ideas, but officials do not believe he targeted anyone specifically.

According to accounts, a recently released manifesto ascribed to the man who set himself on fire outside the lower Manhattan courthouse where Trump’s hush money trial is taking place appears to be motivated only by political reasons.

Identified as Max Azzarello, he supposedly runs a Substack page called “The Ponzi Papers,” with his most recent entry headlined “I have set myself on fire outside the Trump Trial.”

In the first lines, Azzarello reveals his extreme act to highlight a critical revelation: “My name is Max Azzarello, and I am an investigative researcher who has set himself on fire outside of the Trump trial in Manhattan. The purpose of this severe protest is to call attention to an urgent and significant finding.”

He went on to say, “We are victims of a totalitarian con, and our government (along with many of their allies) is about to hit us with an apocalyptic fascist world coup.”

The manifesto references a complicated conspiracy involving cryptocurrencies and government collaboration, reflecting themes from Azzarello’s recent social media activities.

Authorities in New York have confirmed that Azzarello is alive but in critical condition.

Man on Fire New York

Man on Fire New York: Getty Image

During an afternoon press briefing following the incident, New York Police Department Chief Jeffrey Maddrey explained: “At 1.30 this afternoon, we observed a male walk into the center of the park, he starts shuffling around his clothes, he opens up a book bag, takes numerous pieces of paper, he throws the pamphlets throughout the park, and then he pulls out a canister and puts some kind of liquid on himself, and he lights himself on fire.”

“New York citizens, court officers, and representatives of the police department rush into the park and try to put him out with their coats and fire extinguishers. Eventually, New York firefighters were able to extinguish the fire,” Maddrey said.

The New York Fire Department eventually extinguished the fire, and Azzarello was reported to be “alive and intubated” at Cornell Medical Center’s burn center.

“I hope you understand how powerful you are. “I wish you much more than luck,” he said at the end of his lengthy manifesto.

The altercation occurred just as Judge Juan Merchan was about to adjourn for lunch on the third day of Trump’s fraud trial. It occurred in a portion of the plaza where small groups of protestors had been gathered every day since Monday, except Wednesday.

Azzarello was seen kneeling on the ground, his arms gesturing madly as flames devoured him. Television commentators described the harrowing scenario as many police officers and a civilian raced towards him.

Amidst the confusion, one person tried smattering the flames with a coat or blanket, while another used a fire extinguisher. Azzarello remained motionless after the fire was extinguished and was later treated by paramedics.

People in New York Horrified

A spectator who witnessed the incident expressed disbelief, saying, “He made a noise and flung all those brochures. It is shocking. A few folks are crying in the park. “There is nothing you can do.”

The NYPD’s chief of detectives, Joseph Kenny, stated that Azzarello’s pamphlets and social media posts indicated that the trial acted as a backdrop rather than a direct reason for his conduct.

Kenny viewed the pamphlet as propaganda-driven, stating: “The pamphlet appears to be propaganda-based, almost like a conspiracy-theory-type of pamphlet, with some information about Ponzi schemes and the fact that some of our local educational institutes are a front for the mob.”

Kenny discovered that Azzarello, from St. Augustine, Florida, has no criminal history in New York and was unknown to officials.

The NYPD’s deputy commissioner, Tarik Sheppard, stated that detectives did not perceive Azzarello’s conduct as targeting any single people or group, including Trump or his supporters.

“We just right now labeled him as a sort of conspiracy theorist, and we’ll go from there, but the investigation will continue,” he said.

Continue Reading

News

Man Set Himself Ablaze Outside New York Courthouse

Published

on

Man on Fire New York
The smell of smoke lingered: Getty Image

A man set himself on fire outside the New York courthouse where former President Donald Trump’s historic hush-money trial was taking place, but officials said he did not appear to be targeting Trump.

The man burned for many minutes in full front of television cameras stationed outside the courthouse, which is hosting the first-ever criminal prosecution of a former United States president.

“He was on fire for quite a while,” one witness told reporters, declining to provide his name. “It was pretty horrifying.”

Officials said the man, who is in his late thirties, survived and was in critical condition at a hospital.

According to witnesses, the man removed leaflets from a rucksack and hurled them into the air before dousing himself with liquid and setting himself on fire. One of the booklets mentioned “evil billionaires,” but the portions accessible to a Reuters witness did not mention Trump.

According to the New York Police Department, Max Azzarello of St. Augustine, Florida, did not appear to target Trump or any other trial participants.

“Right now, we are labeling him as a conspiracy theorist, and we will proceed from there,” Tarik Sheppard, a deputy commissioner of the Police Department, said at a news conference.

In an online manifesto, a man using that name admitted to setting himself on fire and apologized to friends, bystanders, and first responders. The message warns of “an apocalyptic fascist coup” and condemns Bitcoin and US politicians but does not mention Trump specifically.

A Reuters witness reported that smoke persisted in the plaza shortly after the incident and that a police officer sprayed a fire extinguisher on the ground. A flaming rucksack and a gas can were both visible.

US Truckers Boycott New York, Rally Behind Trump

US Truckers Boycott Corrupt New York, Rally Behind Trump

Continue Reading

Politics

G7 Warns Of New Sanctions Against Iran As World Reacts To Apparent Israeli Drone Attack

Published

on

iran
AP - VOR News Image

Paris police find no weapons on a man detained at Iran’s consulate.

Police said Friday that they discovered no weapons on a man held at the Iranian consulate in Paris after responding to a report of a suspicious man carrying a grenade and an explosives vest.

A Paris police spokesperson told The Associated Press that authorities were verifying the man’s identity but discovered no such weapons on him or in his car.

iran

AP News – VOR News Image

G7 Warns Of New Sanctions Against Iran As World Reacts To Apparent Israeli Drone Attack

The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because he is not permitted to be publicly identified under police procedure.

Some of the police, special agents, and firefighters who rushed to the situation at the consulate were later spotted leaving the area after being arrested. A police cordon remained in place, although traffic had resumed in the area.

According to the official, the individual was observed late Friday morning, and police initiated a special operation as soon as they were notified.

The event occurred at a time of heightened tensions in the Middle East, as Paris prepares to host the summer Olympics.

The director of the United Nations’ nuclear inspector says there was no damage to the Isfahan nuclear facility following a purported Israeli drone attack on a major air base near the Iranian city.

When asked about the nuclear facility on Sky News, International Atomic Energy Agency Director-General Rafael Mariano Grossi stated, “There hasn’t been any damage at the site or anything that would indicate that (there) were hits nearby or something that could lead you to believe that there was an intention to reach these places.”

The Isfahan facility has three small research reactors supplied by China, as well as fuel production and other activities for Iran’s civilian nuclear program.

iran

G7 Warns Of New Sanctions Against Iran As World Reacts To Apparent Israeli Drone Attack

Isfahan also contains locations related with Iran’s nuclear program, such as the subterranean Natanz enrichment facility, which has been frequently attacked by suspected Israeli sabotage strikes.

Iranian authorities claim that air defenses fired on a key air base in Isfahan, which has long housed Iran’s fleet of American-made F-14 Tomcats, purchased prior to the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

Missile remnants were discovered Friday near Latifiya, southwest of Baghdad.

An official with an Iranian-backed militia in Iraq, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak with journalists, said the missile was shot down due to jamming efforts. The Iraqi army lacks jamming systems similar to those used to destroy the rocket, but Iran has handed such gear to its allied militias.

It was unclear whether the rocket was part of an Israeli attack on Iran or last weekend’s Iranian attack on Israel. Local media images of the site showed what seemed to be an air-to-surface missile. There were no reports of Iran firing air-to-surface missiles during Saturday’s onslaught, which comprised over 300 drones, ballistic missiles, and cruise missiles.

iran

G7 Warns Of New Sanctions Against Iran As World Reacts To Apparent Israeli Drone Attack

Tehran launched the attack in response to a purported Israeli strike in Syria on April 1, which killed two Iranian generals in an Iranian consulate building.

SOURCE (AP)

Continue Reading

Trending