Connect with us

Entertainment

‘Fortnite’ Says 7% Of All Skins Are Age-Restricted For Some Maps, For Now

Published

on

fortnite

The Fortnite community has been in a frenzy since Epic upgraded the game on Thursday to incorporate a new “age rating” function for its cosmetics. The change bans the use of certain skins and cosmetics in Fortnite Creative maps that are not rated for ages 10 and up.

It’s a tremendously unpopular move based on what’s been chosen for age-gating, and players are complaining that they paid dozens or hundreds of dollars for several skins that can no longer be utilized across the full game, with some areas being off-limits.

New skins now state whether they are age-restricted before purchase, but these older ones are not, and users must now go through their libraries to find out what is prohibited.

Epic has issued an official statement on the matter, claiming that 7% of Fortnite skins now have an age restriction, which is significant given the game’s large number of skins.

fornite

‘Fortnite’ Says 7% Of All Skins Are Age-Restricted For Some Maps, For Now

They also stated that in 2024, they would work on a mechanism to make these skins “acceptable” for the E-for-Everyone rated maps, but when I inquired, they stated that this would not be achievable for all cosmetics.

What exactly has been prohibited here? There appear to be two major sorts of restrictions depending on two specific elements:

The first is guns or gun-related elements. If the skin has a pistol in a holster connected to it or even grenades or ammo clips in a belt, it is age-restricted.

Many have pointed out the obvious irony of this, given that Fortnite is a Teen-rated game based upon killing each other with dozens and dozens of different weaponry in the battle royale map. But Epic wants to carve aside a gun-free version of Creative, which means you can’t use your paid-for skins there if there’s even a pistol on their hip.

fortnite

‘Fortnite’ Says 7% Of All Skins Are Age-Restricted For Some Maps, For Now

Epic has even gone so far as to modify the loading screens and even the game’s emblem to show people without guns.

The second category is more nebulous, which I would mostly describe as “scary things.” This category of skins and cosmetics is not “armed” but too intense for children under ten. This includes a strange-looking monkey robot back bling I possess, a Midas spray, a scary main game character, and a Venom skin.

The Venom example is interesting since it demonstrates no restrictions depending on the nature of the IP source material. Venom is “too scary,” but he appears in a Teen-rated Spider-Man game and PG-13 films. Meanwhile, Michael Myers, Kratos, and Omni-Man are all safe despite their violent franchises.

One more minor category might simply be named “I have no idea.” I’m attempting to figure out why Epic has age-restricted my mining equipment: only two knives, but not axes, swords, scythes, cleavers, or even single knives (Michael Myers’ butcher knife).

fortnite

‘Fortnite’ Says 7% Of All Skins Are Age-Restricted For Some Maps, For Now

For some of these, you can guess what the “fix” will be: permanently removing gun holsters and ammo belts from characters or when they log onto age-restricted maps. Some of these, however, are unchangeable. For example, I doubt you’ll put a symbiote cheerful face on Venom.

The move has been condemned as being out of touch with the community, which is fighting the “Roblox-ification” of Fortnite.

Once again, this appears to be an attempt by Tim Sweeney to promote his metaverse goals by making big portions of Fortnite Creative “all ages” friendly, which means no guns and no terrifying faces.

Given how set in their views Epic is about everything, it does not appear likely that they will change their minds. Their update to begin un-age-restricting cosmetics through changes will begin in 2024, but it’s a significant question whether all of these skins should be eligible for refunds, given this unforeseen change that restricts their use.

SOURCE – (Forbes)

Kiara Grace is a staff writer at VORNews, a reputable online publication. Her writing focuses on technology trends, particularly in the realm of consumer electronics and software. With a keen eye for detail and a knack for breaking down complex topics, Kiara delivers insightful analyses that resonate with tech enthusiasts and casual readers alike. Her articles strike a balance between in-depth coverage and accessibility, making them a go-to resource for anyone seeking to stay informed about the latest innovations shaping our digital world.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Stormzy and Maya Jama split up ten years after becoming “madly in love.”

Published

on

Maya Jama
The couple pictured in June

(VOR News) – The fact that Maya Jama and Stormzy, who are both singers, have been confirmed to have dissolved their relationship is something that has been confirmed by both of them.

There is a television presenter by the name of Maya Jama who is 29 years old, and Stormzy, a rapper, who is 30 years old.

Maya Jama is an example of the latter.

Maya Jama is in charge of hosting on television. Their first encounter occurred when they were both twenty-one and twenty-one years old. They were together for five years, starting in 2014 and ending in 2019. 2019 was the year when their romance came to an ultimate end.

The two of them decided to end their relationship at this time, even though they had been away for a long period before getting back together in August of 2023.

In addition, they had “spent this past year trying our best to make it work together,” Jama said when making the revelation on Instagram.

“Maya Jama added, ‘We’ve spent this year.

Maya Jama also mentioned that they had “made it work together.” Jama further mentioned that they had “spent this year to make it work together.” She also mentioned this other point.

She stated that the disclosure of the finding was made “for the sake of clarity and, more importantly, to allow us the space and grace that is needed for us both to be able to navigate this next bit of our lives with peace.” She continued by saying that more than anything else, this was done.

She was planning to declare it in front of everyone, she claimed. She made explicit reference to her plan to accomplish both of these goals, which she had already made up her mind to do. In her message, she mentioned that she will be making the announcement in front of the whole public.

She stated in her resignation letter, “We’ve been laughing while drafting this because we never, ever, in a million years thought we’d be the couple announcing a break-up.”

“We’ve been laughing through the entire process.” “We’ve been so happy that we’ve been able to do this.”

We had been deeply in love with one other since 2014, and the following five years had been spent figuring out life apart. We chose to stop our relationship even though we had been in love since 2014 and even though we got divorced in 2019.

“We’ve spent the last year doing everything we can to make it work, and we’ve decided to try one last time in August 2023;

Maya Jama recently announced her retirement.”

Maya Jama claimed that both of them were only getting started in their respective careers when they first met. This specific incident is regarded as marking the start of their relationship.

Once they had gotten to know one another, they “grew together for five years and then separately for five years” after that. This really happened after they had taken some time to get to know one another.

To successfully complete this final attempt, a great deal of relearning and understanding of what was happening were required.

“We still think the absolute world of each other, we still Maya Jama care and respect each other, we are still grateful for the time we’ve had together, and we are still friends and will always be friends (so if you see us having a lil catch-up at The Brits or something, don’t cause a fuss, we are dawgs!).”

She prayed for “the grace to let both of us keep it moving and not be bothered about it” and thanked the supporters “for all the love you’ve showered us with.”

She expressed her appreciation to the backers. She also expressed her appreciation to the supporters for their help. Furthermore, she expressed her gratitude to every single person who had shown her support.

SOURCE: SN

SEE ALSO:

Miranda Lambert interrupts her performance to stop a fight. “Are We Done With Our Drama?”

Jack Black Ends Tenacious D Tour After Bandmate’s Trump Shooting Comment

James Sikking, Star Of ‘Hill Street Blues’ And ‘Doogie Howser, MD,’ Dies At 90

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Miranda Lambert interrupts her performance to stop a fight. “Are We Done With Our Drama?”

Published

on

Miranda Lambert
John Shearer/Getty Images for ACM

(VOR News) – Concerts starring Miranda Lambert are held for the purpose of dancing and drinking, as opposed to being hosted with the intention of starting a fight.

At the Under the Big Sky Festival in Montana, which took place over the weekend, Miranda Lambert took a moment to address the members of the audience who appeared to be engaged in a dispute and were not paying attention to what she was saying.

This occurred during the course of her headline show at the festival. During the course of her activity, she uttered the sentence while pointing at herself.

“I see that your head is not turned in the right direction, which is towards this direction,” she stated with certainty. We are not looking in the same direction.”

If you wish to pay a visit, you are not required to travel to another location. The visit can be conducted from any location in the world. You should sing some country songs, drink some beer, and cause some trouble this evening if you wish to get into some trouble.

Miranda Lambert is ready to do any of these activities.

“Are we both at the same time at this moment? She went on to question, “Are we done with our drama yet?” and then proceeded to announce, “Fighting is not acceptable.” She continued till she reached her conclusion.

Adding insult to injury, it is invariably the women that are attacked. when we are absolutely and utterly go insane! It is my sincere wish that each of you has a fantastic day. For the time being, I will have to wait for the situation to pass.

In the course of her performances at the Montana festival over the course of the weekend, Miranda Lambert was one of the most remarkable performers.

She was one of the performers who appeared on stage alongside Billy Strings and Turnpike Troubadours, who were also the co-headliners of the event. It should also be noted that Mt. Joy, Tanya Tooker, Sierra Ferrell, and Brothers Osborne were all able to successfully carry out their separate performances.

At first glance, it would appear that the Miranda Lambert disagreements that take place in the crowds of Miranda Lambert’s show are something that happens on a regular basis.

As the month of June was drawing to a close, she intervened in a fight in order to perform her ballad, which was titled “Tin Man.” Before the month actually came to a close, the performance took place earlier.

Could Miranda Lambert and you get into a fight? What song is playing?

mostly Miranda Lambert due to the fact that I will go down there, and you do not want that to happen, and you do not want that to happen.

The announcement that they would not be carrying out the activity today was delivered to the throng by Miranda Lambert, who was the one who broke the news. In every instance in which we become agitated, we begin punching one another, and it is always the girls who are the ones who engage in this conduct.

Would you be willing to let us just go ahead and remove the police officers, if that is something that is possible for us to do? I think that would be an amazing thing to happen. We are indebted to you for a profound sense of gratitude.

After a few days had passed, Miranda Lambert uploaded a video to Instagram in which she made a joke about when she will eventually be okay with her fans getting into fights or fighting with each other.

The joke was about when she will eventually be okay with fan conflicts for the rest of her life. I would be really interested in attending your fights if you are interested in coming to my performances. I would be quite excited to do so. In relation to the statements that she made on July 2nd, she said, “Give ’em hell.”

I would appreciate it if you would give me permission to sing five songs that I have in my collection. These automobiles are referred to by the following names:

“Fastest Girl in Town,” “Kerosene,” “Little Red Wagon,” “Wranglers,” and “Gun Powder & Lead.” If you want to avoid doing it while “Tin Man” is playing, stop doing it. This is not an appropriate moment for it at this point in time.

SOURCE: RSN

SEE ALSO:

Jack Black Ends Tenacious D Tour After Bandmate’s Trump Shooting Comment

James Sikking, Star Of ‘Hill Street Blues’ And ‘Doogie Howser, MD,’ Dies At 90

Shannen Doherty, ‘Beverly Hills, 90210’ Star, Dies At 53

Continue Reading

Celebrity

Jack Black Ends Tenacious D Tour After Bandmate’s Trump Shooting Comment

Published

on

black
Jack Black | AP news Image

Tenacious D, the comedic rock duo comprised of Jack Black and Kyle Gass, has postponed the remainder of their tour following Gass’ remarks about the murder attempt on Donald Trump.

On Sunday, while onstage at a concert in Sydney, Black presented Gass with a birthday cake and urged him to “make a wish”. Gass responded, “Don’t miss Trump next time,” an apparent reference to the previous day’s rally shooting, which left the former president with a damaged ear. The footage of Gass was widely shared on social media.

Jack Black Ends Tenacious D Tour After Bandmate’s Trump Shooting Comment

“What was mentioned during the broadcast on Sunday caught me off guard. “I would never condone hate speech or encourage political violence in any way,” Black wrote in an Instagram post on Tuesday. “After much thought, I no longer believe it is right to continue the Tenacious D tour, and any future creative plans are paused. I appreciate the fans’ support and understanding.”

Following Black’s statement, Gass apologized on Instagram.

“The line I improvised Sunday night in Sydney was highly inappropriate, dangerous and a terrible mistake,” the comedian wrote Tuesday. “I condemn all forms of violence against anyone. What happened was a tragedy, and I sincerely apologize for my lack of judgment.”

The band recently finished touring in the United States and Europe. Their “Spicy Meatball Tour” is set to resume Tuesday night in Newcastle. This month, they will visit most major cities in Australia and New Zealand before returning to the United States for a few chosen dates in October.

Jack Black Ends Tenacious D Tour After Bandmate’s Trump Shooting Comment

“Frontier Touring regret to advise that Tenacious D’s concert tonight at Newcastle Entertainment Centre has been postponed,” their touring firm stated on Instagram Tuesday. “Ticket holders are asked to hold onto their tickets until further information is available.”

A band representative referred the Associated Press to Black’s remark when approached for further comment. Details about reimbursements for the remaining tour dates were not immediately available.

SOURC | AP

Continue Reading

Trending