Connect with us

Entertainment

Ozzy Osbourne Cancels 2023 European Tour Because Of Injury

Published

on

osbourne

Ozzy Osbourne, a big name in hard rock, has canceled his shows in the UK and continental Europe in 2023.

Osbourne said early Wednesday morning that he would not be touring because of damage to his spine from a car accident four years ago.

“Your patience truly humbles me in holding onto your tickets all this time, but in all good conscience, I have now come to the realization that I am not physically capable of doing my upcoming European/UK tour dates, as I know I couldn’t deal with the travel required,” Osbourne said.

The 74-year-old Grammy winner and former Black Sabbath vocalist said, “my singing voice is fine,” but he was still physically weak after three operations, stem cell treatments, physical therapy, and Hybrid Assistive Limb treatment, to help improve movement and balance.

He thanked his family, his fans, the people in his band and crew, and his fellow metal pioneers Judas Priest.

osbourne

Osbourne Already Had Cancelled Dates

“I never imagined that my touring days would end this way,” Ozzy said. “Right now, my team is thinking of places I could perform without having to go from city to city and country to country.”

According to the statement, ticket refunds will be available at the point of purchase.

Osbourne had already canceled 2019 tour dates in Europe and North America because of health problems, including a “bad fall” he said hurt vertebrae in his neck.

After leaving Black Sabbath, the singer found solo success before announcing in 2020 that he had Parkinson’s disease, a nervous system disorder that affects movement.

In 2006, Ozzy and the other three Black Sabbath members were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Osbourne and his family, which included his wife, Sharon, and two of his three children, starred in their reality show, “The Osbournes.”

SOURCE – (AP)

 

Continue Reading

Business

Sony To Lay Off 900 At PlayStation As Tough Times For The Video Games Industry Persist

Published

on

sony

Sony said on Tuesday that it will lose 900 jobs, or 8% of PlayStation’s global workforce.

According to a PlayStation news statement, Sony Interactive Entertainment’s layoffs will affect all regions, with its in-house London studio, which is responsible for the competitive singing video game “Singstar,” closing entirely.

“These are incredibly talented people who have contributed to our success, and we are very grateful,” said Jim Ryan, president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment. “However, the industry has changed immensely, and we need to future ready ourselves to set the business up for what lies ahead.”

sony

Sony To Lay Off 900 At PlayStation As Tough Times For The Video Games Industry Persist

According to Bloomberg, the personnel cut comes after the business lowered its sales expectations for the year and Naomi Matsuouka, Sony’s senior vice president, stated that the PlayStation 5 console was nearing the end of its lifecycle.

Ryan stated in September that he would resign as president of Sony Group Corporation in March. Hiroki Totoki, the COO and CFO, will serve as interim CEO.

sony

Sony To Lay Off 900 At PlayStation As Tough Times For The Video Games Industry Persist

The incoming CEO will face an entire tech sector in turmoil, with industry giants laying off 5,500 staff in the first two weeks of 2024 alone.

Specifically, the video gaming industry has seen employment losses from 2023 into this year, with Epic Games slashing 830 workers last September and Tencent’s Riot Games laying off 11% of its workforce in January.

sony

Sony To Lay Off 900 At PlayStation As Tough Times For The Video Games Industry Persist

In his email to employees, Ryan echoed the leadership of those other game firms, saying, “We had to step back, look at our business holistically, and move forward focusing on the company’s long-term sustainability and delivering the best experiences possible for our community.”

Sony Group Corporation’s (SONY) stock declined less than 1% after the announcement on Tuesday.

SOURCE – (CNN)

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Kenneth Mitchell, ‘Star Trek’ And ‘Marvel’ Actor, Dead At 49

Published

on

mitchell

Kenneth Mitchell, an actor who appeared in “Star Trek: Discovery” and Marvel’s “Captain Marvel,” has died, his family said in a statement posted on his verified social media account on Sunday.

He was 49.

mitchell

Kenneth Mitchell, ‘Star Trek’ And ‘Marvel’ Actor, Dead At 49

“With heavy hearts we announce the passing of Kenneth Alexander Mitchell, beloved father, husband, brother, uncle, son and dear friend,” according to a statement released by the family.

Kenneth was diagnosed with ALS in 2018. In recent years, he and his family have published frequent updates on his health status. Mitchell posted on Instagram in August to honour the fifth anniversary of his diagnosis.

“My brother joked that they don’t have a happy ALS anniversary card in the shop. However, today, I’d like to celebrate the gift of life. I am very grateful to have this day ahead of me. It has been a long five years. So much lost, so much gained. Mitchell stated, “Incredibly hard times, mixed with so many more blessings.” “At the core are friends and relatives, carers and physicians, who have repeatedly stepped in to help my family. Giving a great deal of support, love, care, and encouragement. That is very beautiful. This sickness is very horrible…Despite the suffering, there is much to be thankful for.”

Mitchell, a Canadian native, has appeared in over 50 films and television shows throughout his career. He portrayed Carol Danvers’ father in Marvel’s 2019 film “Captain Marvel,” and an Olympic hopeful in the 2004 hockey film “Miracle.” Mitchell has appeared in scores of television shows, including “Jericho,” “The Astronaut Wives Club,” and “Switched at Birth.”

mitchell

Kenneth Mitchell, ‘Star Trek’ And ‘Marvel’ Actor, Dead At 49

Mitchell played the Klingons Kol, Kol-Sha, Tenavik, and Aurellio in the television series “Star Trek: Discovery.”

“Whether someone is good or bad is all about perspective, and it’s about understanding that culture,” he told StarTrek.com in 2017. “You’ll get to know the Klingons on our show, and then people can decide if we really are the villains.”

Beyond his acting roles, Mitchell was remembered by those close to him as a “hope seeker, daydreamer, dream believer.” In a statement, Kenneth’s family expressed admiration for the strength he demonstrated while battling sickness.

mitchell

Kenneth Mitchell, ‘Star Trek’ And ‘Marvel’ Actor, Dead At 49

“Regardless of his later disabilities, Ken discovered a higher calling to be more fully himself for his kids,” they stated in the letter. “For five and a half years, Ken battled a slew of terrible obstacles with ALS. And, in true Ken manner, he rose above each one with grace and a determination to live a full and joyful life in every moment.

Kenneth is survived by his wife, Susan, and two young children.

SOURCE – (CNN)

Continue Reading

Celebrity

Chris Gauthier, ‘Once Upon A Time’ And Hallmark Movies Actor, Dead At 48

Published

on

gauthier

According to a statement on his agent’s website, Chris Gauthier, an actor best known for roles in “Once Upon a Time,” “Eureka,” and other well-known Hallmark Channel movies, passed away on February 23.

He was 48.

His agent, Chad Colvin, confirmed the news on Facebook, adding, “This still doesn’t feel real. How could it be? “A world without you is much darker.”

His reps verified the news to CNN.

gauthier

Chris Gauthier, ‘Once Upon A Time’ And Hallmark Movies Actor, Dead At 48

“So much so that when his wife contacted me with the news yesterday, I grieved for hours in shock. “It took me until now to fully mentally and emotionally prepare myself to write this,” Colvin wrote on Sunday. “When I started in the talent representation profession almost nine years ago this month, it was at the request of one specific actor. However, I realised I needed more clients to get started if any event would take my business venture seriously. Chris Gauthier was the second actor to join the cast after recalling my experience as a press member on the Eureka production.”

“He felt my excitement for this new endeavour, he trusted me and he had faith in what I wanted to do to get him out there with the public and fans more,” he said. “Without Chris’ excitement and devotion, I wouldn’t be able to book practically the whole Eureka cast. His word of mouth, trust, and unending love of life encouraged me every day.”

gauthier

Chris Gauthier, ‘Once Upon A Time’ And Hallmark Movies Actor, Dead At 48

Colvin cited Gauthier’s work on shows such as “Smallville” and “Supernatural,” as well as his role as William Smee on “Once Upon a Time.”

“Brother…Colvin commented, “I will miss you more than you can imagine.” “I wish we could have spent more time together and that you realised how much of an impact you had on my life and everyone else’s. “Without you, this world feels smaller and colder.”

Raphael Sbarge, the actor’s “Once Upon a Time” co-star, also expressed his condolences.

gauthier

Chris Gauthier, ‘Once Upon A Time’ And Hallmark Movies Actor, Dead At 48

“A sweeter, happier soul would be hard to find,” Sbarge wrote in the caption to a group photo he shared on his verified Instagram account. “A man of consummate character, generosity and great talent, he was someone who cared deeply, loved his art, and was always kind to everyone he met.”

Gauthier’s other credits include the TV shows “A Series of Unfortunate Events,” “Joe Pickett,” and various Hallmark TV movies, including “Ms. Christmas Comes to Town.”

“We’re sorry to learn of Chris Gauthier’s passing. “Our thoughts are with his family, friends, and fans.”

SOURCE – (CNN)

Continue Reading

Trending