Connect with us

News

Bills Show Signs Of Rediscovering Rhythm And Get Break Before Facing Emotional Return To Cincinnati

Published

on

bills

ORCHARD PARK, New York Bills– For now, Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills can ignore their recent slow starts. They can also postpone confronting any lingering memories before making their first trip to Cincinnati since safety Damar Hamlin was nearly killed on the field in January.

The Bills (5-3) got the benefit of a long weekend to relax and rejuvenate after reclaiming a semblance of their explosive identity on offense during a 24-18 victory over Tampa Bay on Thursday night.

The performance was far from perfect, but it provided a pattern for Buffalo to utilize to preserve distance in a close AFC playoff battle and keep its pursuit for a fourth consecutive division title alive heading into the last half of the season.

It was a performance in which Allen and the offense shed the sluggishness of the previous three games. Early on, the offense settled into a groove with an up-tempo strategy in which the quarterback disseminated the ball rather than homing in on Stefon Diggs and showed no reluctance in running when the opportunity presented itself.

bills

Buffalo Bills 17 points in the first half were seven more than its previous three first halves combined.

Equally crucial, the two-score advantage built through three quarters was enough to relieve pressure on defense without three key starters, forcing the Buccaneers to become one-dimensional in their attempt to catch up.

“That’s what we want to do, but obviously it’s hard to do every week,” coach Sean McDermott said on Friday. “But, yeah, the rhythm, the energy, the offense-feeding defence, the defense-feeding offense, and special teams baked into that, that was evident through the better of three quarters.”

However, McDermott pointed to how the game nearly unraveled in the fourth quarter, with Buffalo needing to survive a Hail Mary incompletion as time expired.

bills

The Bills still need help to complete drives. They crossed midfield eight times in their ten possessions against Tampa Bay but only scored four times.

This continues Buffalo’s recent trend, as the team has combined for 17 scoring drives on 37 possessions in its last four games. The Bills were significantly more efficient in their first four games, scoring 24 of 38 possessions.

Conversely, the Bills appeared to be a better club than the one that lost to New England a week ago and narrowly beat the New York Giants two weeks ago.

Significant reinforcements will likely arrive after the NFL’s trade deadline on Tuesday.

Restructuring left tackle Dion Dawkins’ contract last week allowed GM Brandon Beane to free up about $4 million in salary budget space, but the decision was more driven by necessity than by opportunity.

The Bills have limited payroll room left to fill the slots of players going on injured reserve, the most recent of whom being tight end Dawson Knox (wrist), while still retaining a modest cushion in case of future ailments.

Meanwhile, the Bills aim to be fresh for a crucial game and emotional test against the Bengals, who defeated Buffalo in the divisional playoff round in January.

“We will communicate on that,” McDermott said of how to cope with Hamlin’s heart arrest and need to be renewed on the pitch. Hamlin has recovered and is back on Buffalo’s roster, albeit he has only played in one game this season.

“I think the biggest thing that’s in front of us is the football game,” McDermott remarked at the time. “And that’s what we have to keep it about, is that game and what it’s going to take to win at Cincinnati.”

SOURCE – (AP)

Kiara Grace is a staff writer at VORNews, a reputable online publication. Her writing focuses on technology trends, particularly in the realm of consumer electronics and software. With a keen eye for detail and a knack for breaking down complex topics, Kiara delivers insightful analyses that resonate with tech enthusiasts and casual readers alike. Her articles strike a balance between in-depth coverage and accessibility, making them a go-to resource for anyone seeking to stay informed about the latest innovations shaping our digital world.

News

California Representative Adam Schiff urges Biden to relinquish his position.

Published

on

Adam Schiff
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images/Getty Images North America

(VOR News) – According to a statement that was obtained by National Public Radio (NPR), Representative Adam Schiff, a Democrat from California, is urging that Vice President Joe Biden withdraw from his candidacy for re-election.

Adam Schiff’s request was received by NPR. When the comment was first reported, it was done so by The Los Angeles Times.

Schiff, who is currently running for Senate in California, issued a statement in which he encouraged Vice President Joe Biden to “pass the torch” and “secure his legacy of leadership” by allowing Democrats to have the opportunity to convincingly defeat Donald Trump.

Adam Schiff is currently running for Senate in California.

A statement by Adam Schiff to the media noted that “Joe Biden has been one of the most consequential presidents in our nation’s history, and his lifetime of service as a Senator, Vice President, and now as President has made our country a better place.”

Adam Schiff noted in his statement to the media. On the other hand, our nation is present at a critical crossroads at the moment.

If Donald Trump were to win a second term as president, the entire framework of our democracy would be thrown into disarray, and I have serious concerns about whether or not the President would be able to defeat Donald Trump in the upcoming election in November.

To this day, Adam Schiff is the most prominent Democrat who has advocated for Biden to resign from the campaign for vice president nomination.

The Biden campaign made reference to the events that Biden has been holding this week in response to a request for a statement from the campaign.

As part of his efforts to promote his candidacy, he is currently taking part in a meeting in Las Vegas with members of the Congressional Black and Hispanic caucuses.

Vice President Biden has declared on several occasions that he will not be withdrawing from the campaign and that he is certain that he is the most competent candidate to shepherd the party through the election. He has also stated that he is confident that he will serve as the party’s nominee.

Further, Adam Schiff stated that President Biden is fully responsible for making the decision, and that he will support the party’s nominee, regardless of who that may be.

In addition, Adam Schiff said he would not support any other candidate.

According to statements made by Vice President Biden over the course of the past few days, he has acknowledged that members of his party are continuing to question him.

“The story goes that [former President Harry] Truman said, if you want a friend in Washington, get a dog,” Vice President Joe Biden quipped during the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) in Las Vegas.

The NAACP is an organization that works to provide opportunities for people of color. “After the last couple of weeks, I know what he means.”

Schiff’s comment comes at a time when there is a renewed push from anxious Democrats for Biden to resign. Adam Schiff’s statement comes at a time when all of this is happening.

Due to the fact that President Trump was the target of an attempted assassination during a rally that took place on Saturday in Pennsylvania, the calls came to a temporary halt.

As a result of the seeming energy and confidence that Republicans displayed during the Republican National Convention, Democrats are growing increasingly anxious. This is despite the fact that that is the case. In addition, recent polls have demonstrated that support for Biden is exhibiting a downward trend.

In a virtual roll call vote that may take place several weeks before the Democratic National Committee’s convention, which will begin on August 19 in Chicago, the DNC is getting ready to officially name Biden the party’s nominee. The convention will take place in Chicago.

This preparation has resulted in an increase in the level of frustration that has been experienced over the past several days.

SOURCE: NPR

SEE ALSO:

Elon Musk Says He’s Moving SpaceX And X Out Of California

June UK Inflation Remains at the 2% Target, with a Potential rate cut on the “Knife Edge.”

Tim Robbins Condemns Drawing Parallels Between His ‘Bob Roberts’ Film And Trump Assassination Attempt

Continue Reading

News

Elon Musk Says He’s Moving SpaceX And X Out Of California

Published

on

spacex musk

Elon Musk has announced that he is relocating his firms out of California.

In two posts on X Tuesday, the billionaire announced that SpaceX’s headquarters will be relocated from Hawthorne, California, to Starbase, Texas, a business town under construction in the state’s south. He also said that social media platform X would be moving from San Francisco to Austin, Texas.

musk

Elon Musk | CNN

Elon Musk Says He’s Moving SpaceX And X Out Of California

Musk said the SAFETY Act, a bill signed by California Gov. Gavin Newsom that prohibits school districts from mandating instructors to notify parents if a child wishes to be labeled as a different gender, was “the final straw.”

“Because of this law and the many others that preceded it, attacking both families and companies, SpaceX will now move its HQ from Hawthorne, California, to Starbase, Texas,” Musk told X.

In 2022, one of Elon’s daughters asked a California court to accept her new name and gender, claiming she no longer wanted to be related to her famous and affluent father “in any way, shape or form.” Musk has faced criticism for several of his statements on X addressing gender identification issues.

In a follow-up tweet, Elonstated that he was tired of the violent criminality surrounding the building where X is located in San Francisco.

Elon Musk Says He’s Moving SpaceX And X Out Of California

Elon has been drawn to Texas for several years. SpaceX moved to relocate its corporate incorporation from Delaware to Texas in February following a Delaware state judge’s ruling that Elon’s 2018 Tesla pay package was exorbitant, siding with a shareholder who challenged it.

Elon announced 2021 that Tesla would relocate its headquarters from the Bay Area to Austin, Texas. In December 2020,Elon announced that he had relocated to Texas.

SOURCE | CNN

Continue Reading

News

European Union Court Says TikTok Owner Can’t Avoid Bloc’s Law Cracking Down On Digital Giants

Published

on

tiktok
Tiktok | AP

LONDON —ByteDance, the owner of TikTok, cannot evade the bloc’s assault on digital giants, according to a European Union court decision issued Wednesday. The video sharing platform falls under new legislation that also applies to Apple, Google, and Microsoft.

The EU’s General Court rejected ByteDance’s legal challenge to being classified as an online “gatekeeper” subject to additional requirements under the Digital Markets Act of the 27-nation union.

tiktok

Tiktok | PixaBay Image

European Union Court Says TikTok Owner Can’t Avoid Bloc’s Law Cracking Down On Digital Giants

The guideline, also known as the DMA, went into effect this year to counter Big Tech corporations’ dominance and make online competition more equitable by providing consumers with more choices.

TikTok has contended that it was not a gatekeeper but a new social media contender, taking on established giants such as Facebook and Instagram owner Meta.

However, the judges found that since 2018, TikTok had “succeeded in increasing its number of users very rapidly and exponentially” and “rapidly consolidated its position, and even strengthened that position over the following years.”

“We are disappointed with this decision,” the business wrote in a prepared statement. “TikTok is a challenger platform that provides important competition to incumbent players.” TikTok stated that it will assess its future steps and has already implemented efforts to comply with the DMA.

tiktok

Tiktok | AP

European Union Court Says TikTok Owner Can’t Avoid Bloc’s Law Cracking Down On Digital Giants

The Digital Markets Act went into effect in March. It is a list of dos and don’ts for big tech “gatekeeper” businesses that aims to offer users more options but threatens significant penalties if they do not comply.

The verdict can be appealed to the EU Court of Justice, the bloc’s highest court, but only on legal grounds.

SOURCE | AP

Continue Reading

Trending